can you wash hi-vis exercise sheets

11bluewolf

Visit site
I have a newish Mark todd wrap around exercise sheet, that was put in the machine and washed as it was so muddy however the yellow hi-vis and i think also the waterproofing has come off!

Can you not wash them, or should I get in touch with MT. Obviously they get covered in mud so quickly so someone else must have experienced this?

I didn't personally wash it so cant be sure of the heat of the machine etc...

thanks!

Micky

Visit site
As with all my rugs bar stable, I hose them down rather than send them to be washed or ram in my washing machine, you don't lose the waterproofing and they dry on the line (or over a door in house)...

PorkChop

Visit site
I do, but I don't know if you are supposed to or not!

Tbh, anything that won't go in the washing machine or dishwasher isn't welcome in my world :)

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I have a newish Mark todd wrap around exercise sheet, that was put in the machine and washed as it was so muddy however the yellow hi-vis and i think also the waterproofing has come off!

Can you not wash them, or should I get in touch with MT. Obviously they get covered in mud so quickly so someone else must have experienced this?

I didn't personally wash it so cant be sure of the heat of the machine etc...

thanks!
I never do but if I did clean mine I would drape over fence and use sponge or brush But I never clean mine even in the 6 years I had it

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have washed mine loads if times I always use woolite and reproof after the reflective stuff is crackling now but I have had them five years so I think that's fair enough .

11bluewolf

Visit site
Ok thank you, i will be getting in contact! its really strange, the binding has stayed the neon yellow colour but the rest of the rug has gone grey- it almost looks like its supposed to be like that!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Wash mine loads, also hi viz tabards and my pink equisafety jacket. They get to the point that they are more dirt than hi viz which defeats the purpose.

eta I would expect it to have a label somewhere with care instructions, all my rugs and exercise sheet have.

Last edited:

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I've washed my pink hi vis exercise sheets in the washing machine no problems I'd contact them with photos.

Only other thing I can suggest is if you had it on too hot a wash? Think the setting mine is usually done on is mixed load.

Shay

Visit site
I wash mine too - and we've had a mark todd one for years. But I do only wash at 30 degrees and with non bio. Don't know if I have to do that - I just always have done.

Kat

Visit site
It depends on the individual item. You need to read and follow the washing instructions before you wash anything.

For example some waterproof fabrics need to be washed in special detergent some are fine in normal non bio. Some need to be tumble dried others don't. Doing the wrong thing can ruin the waterproofing.

If you didn't follow the instructions then you won't be able to return the item.