Can you wear rhythm beads while competing?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
why would she look like a plonker?

Beads-1.jpg

chink, chink, chink................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
If you are entering any sort of ridden competition, I would think that the judge would take a dim view of you using an artifcial aid to keep the horse rhythmic. I would expect if you were competing in dressage that YOU would be imposing the rhythm, rather than the horse and the beads.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Am i being thick? What are rhythm beads and what do they do?

£20+ string of beads & bells that according to a site "Provide, a soft, musical ring as you ride, horse beads help you and your horse to relax, focus and find a rhythm, and of course they look beautiful too!"

:rolleyes:

Shantara

Visit site
£20+ string of beads & bells that according to a site "Provide, a soft, musical ring as you ride, horse beads help you and your horse to relax, focus and find a rhythm, and of course they look beautiful too!"

:rolleyes:

I made mine myself :p cost less than £5 and I had fun making it too!
I know it sounds namby-pamby, but Ned's a pacer (when he gets excited) and it's helped him :)
Tinsle011.jpg

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I know it sounds namby-pamby, but Ned's a pacer (when he gets excited) and it's helped him :)
Tinsle011.jpg

LMAO that takes matchy, matchy to a whole new level!

Have to say though the 1st thing I noticed wasn't the beads, but your horses long front feet!:eek:

Shantara

Visit site

Have to say though the 1st thing I noticed wasn't the beads, but your horses long front feet!:eek:

Oh, that's not even the half of it, haha!
And he's not mine, I just spoil him with a polo every now and again! (Not to mention a truck load of accessories!) I think the farrier will be out soon, another horse had them done the other day, so he'd probably have had them done that day too. I don't know XD I'm only there once a week!

IndieandElsie

Visit site
TBH, if you need rhythm beads, you're really not ready for a dressage test.
So because i need rhythm beads to help SOOTHE my horse and calm her down, i shouldnt do dressage right.
I dont use them for 'helping with rhythm' i use them because i have a nervy horse and they were recommended funnily enough by my dressage instructor;)

Shantara

Visit site

Can safely say, yes, they have been trimmed! (Just got back from seeing him)

OP: Good luck :D Let us know how you get on :) I don't think you'll look silly at all!

sandi_84

Visit site

Oooh what did you use and where did you get all the bits to make one? I'd love to make a set for my boy, and I like to make stuff too so it'd be for me aswell :p

Honest to goodness I thought rhythm beads were an 'intimate accessory' from shops with blacked out windows :eek:

Ha ha ha ha ha! So glad I had swallowed my mouthfull of coffee before i got to this post, LMAO :D:D

Spotsrock

Visit site
I'd feel too silly to wear them in public. I'm not particularly traditional and have completed jumping courses in walk and trot singing twinkle twinkle to s, but hippy beads i'd draw the line at. What's next, flowers in the name and tail for eventing? If the sound really helps perhaps u could attach a couple of discreet little bells on the bridle or saddle? I would expect to be marked down severely in dressage and scare other competitors in jumping warm up.

Shantara

Visit site
Oooh what did you use and where did you get all the bits to make one? I'd love to make a set for my boy, and I like to make stuff too so it'd be for me aswell :p

Ebaaay :D You need about 200 beads and I used a fine bit of leather string :)

I would totally put flowers in Ned's mane and paint Native American stuff on him if I was allowed XD