Can....

Kristine

Visit site
A horse be turned out with bandages on???
My 'mate' (i'm sure you know who I mean) told me you can never turn a horse out with bandages on just in case the come down

BUT

A woman on our old yard bandaged spring up the first time to show me how you could turn out and as long as everythign was secure with tape it was fine

WHICH ONES RIGHT!!! lol

ihatework

Visit site
I personally wouldn't, it is quite easy for tape to come undone.
if the bandages started to slip down/unravel then the horse may accidently stand on a loose end, the bandage could then overtighten and damage tendons etc.
Not worth the risk imo.

Sparklet

Visit site
Absolutely not - I wouldnt do it. They would get wet/clogged up with mud, hooked on a branch or a bit of fencing and tangle in their legs.

Worse senario you would end up with horse where the bandage has cut off circulation in the lower leg.

Sooty

Visit site
I don't know what your turnout if like, but ours is a swamp at the moment! I imagine the bandages would become soggy quite quickly and the tape might not hold. Cheap boots is a better solution, as long as they don't get wet and uncomfortable.

jayvee

Visit site
Boots are the safer option, but ONLY if you really need to have them on. And for only a short period. Wouldn't leave them on all day every day. Anything on their legs will bring their own problems if over used.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I used to have to turnout out international show jumpers worth thousands out with bandages and never had a problem. If in doubt, always use some boots.