Canada people!

maisie06

Visit site
Hi there, really hoping to go on a fly drive tour, and I see that you have to pay fees to enter the national parks, (I have no problem with this!) But here come the stupid questions...

1 - Do you pay as you enter ate a toll booth or something??
2 - would it be better to pre purchase the passes in the UK?
3 - what is the cheapest option as we will only be out for upto 3 weeks so will only visit a handful of parks...:eek:

Baydame

Visit site
Hi!

Glad you're stopping by for a visit.

You pay at a toll booth when you enter. You can buy a day fee and then any rentals, (kayak, canoe, etc), are extra. If you're planning on staying at a campsite, (overnight/multiple days), it would be best to book asap.

If you plan on eating any meals in the park it will probably be less expensive to make/bring your own. Check on the park website to see if they offer any food, what rentals, etc. Some have really neat guided nature tours where you learn about the natural species in the park.

Day passes are bought at each separate park and are very reasonable. Where abouts are you stopping? I am in Ontario, so I'm basing my answers off of my experiences here. My grandparents have camped at almost very national park in Ontario and a friend who goes to Algonquin every year so if you have any more questions I can ask around :)

ps: if you need a horse fix while you here send me a msg :)

Enfys

Visit site
Ha. Kiritiger, I have just moved from close to there.

Cabaret, where did you go to?

Maisie? Did you come to Canada?

maisie06

Visit site
Yes I did Enfys = AWESOME and I am saving to go back! Road tripped from Vancouver to Calgary and loved every minute, I want to go back to Vancouver Island and visit the Yukon!!

Enfys

Visit site
VI is lovely, I have relatives there and Victoria is beautiful. The Yukon is on my list too.

We considered moving to BC but the cost of living is phenomenal there and it rains - a lot! If I wanted to be rained on I would have stayed in the UK ;)