Cane Corso…..

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
I know it’s a pointless post but I can’t put it on Facebook in case someone knows the dog…..

I’ve just nipped down to the shop and there was a man with a dog waiting for the bus outside. At first glance I thought black lab, then the dog turned his head and clearly was NOT a lab!

I couldn’t resist on my way back and asked the man what cross it was - it was apparently a Cane Corso with a bit of Malinois in it. A lovely dog, only 8 months old apparently, but OMG so weak on the back end (yes I know he has a lot of growing to do!), he looked a prime case for hip displaysia just on that short interaction. And very mouthy (yes, still a pup I know!) with no suggestion from the owner that this might not be ok.

As I say, pointless post. It just made me sad for the dog - hopefully he has a lovely home and will be adored, but so many health issues 😞

poiuytrewq

Visit site
People just don’t realise do they :(

I dragged Mr P to the vets this week as I’ve been taking his dog a lot recently and relaying info.
We were sat in the waiting room with a couple with a Frenchie who sounded like it was really struggling to breathe.
They commented on Mr P’s dog not looking like a real lab because he’s quite small 😳😳
I sat cringing willing him not to take offence and point out there’s couldn’t breathe. He contained it til we got outside 😂
They had no idea. If one of mine had been making a noise like that and looking so p’d off with life I’d have been in panic mode

SilverLinings

Visit site
I expect there are a few breeding experiments going on at the moment to find the 'next big thing' as a replacement for the XLB, and I can imagine a Cane Corso x Malinois would seem like a good idea to some of those sorts of owners. I wish they would just realise that it isn't really a dog they are after, and bolster their egos in some other way.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
I expect there are a few breeding experiments going on at the moment to find the 'next big thing' as a replacement for the XLB, and I can imagine a Cane Corso x Malinois would seem like a good idea to some of those sorts of owners. I wish they would just realise that it isn't really a dog they are after, and bolster their egos in some other way.

I loved this because I guess I feel the same!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
The Malinois is a very intelligent and trainable dog, if you're an intelligent human that can train dogs. They do need more employment than just being a house pet, IMO. I think they're incredible dogs, but I wouldn't own one before working with someone that trains and knows the breed well to get their input and a feel on things. I feel that way about many breeds though.

I'd never cross a Malinois and a Cane Corso. That's f*cking stupid. For a variety of reasons. I do own a Cane Corso and have been around quite a few. I love the breed, but our lifestyle and space are also appropriate for her. She was also raised with a Lab, and I think that was a good influence on her (minus the poop eating) because to the Lab everyone is friend and everything is cool. So I actually enjoy owning one of each breed.

I did have to put more into to the CC vs the Lab. A lot more socialization, training, and consistency. It's not that you have to get all alpha, but you do have to be firm in your stance and be the leader without question. Less margin for error, I think. Especially because they're smarter than the average Lab, IMO.

My CC is the best dog that I've had though, and I do like the breed, when bred well.

There was absolutely zero tolerance for biting or any bitey stuff with her, and any of our dogs, really. Why you'd want to mess around with a dog with that kind of bite force and not take it seriously, is beyond me.