can't believe I'm writing this... SUMMER FOOTWEAR???

11bluewolf

Visit site
A bit early for this but..... What does everyone wear on their feet during summer at the stables?
Usually wear jod boots but i don't want to ruin my boots this year so i was thinking short leather country style boots is they exist? Or any other ideas would be great?

Bubblewrap

Visit site
Walking boots! I bought a decent pair a few years ago when I had foot trouble and they are still going strong. I got them from an outdoor type shop. Not suitable for riding in though!

Merlod

Visit site
Skateboard shoes, so comfy and easy to slip on and they're usually quite padded and i've not had any problems even with my feet being stood on! No blisters or wearing in either and they all seem to have moisture control so no sweaty feet! I'm on my third pair in 7 years :)

Annagain

Visit site
I wear an old pair of walking trainers, cool enough not to have horrible sweaty feet but sturdy enough to cope with being stood on. Every time I need to buy a new pair of walking trainers my old ones become farm trainers.

Abacus

Visit site
I have a very old pair of these - probably 6 years old now.

http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/mountain-horse-mountain-rider-classic?gclid=CNL5iOC8-csCFZcy0wodnjAN5g

They are a bit clumpy for riding (you could hack in them) but not particularly hot except on a very hot day. They are probably the kind of short yard boot you mentioned. They also get used for dog walking, gardening... etc. They are very like walking boots really, except designed with riding in mind so possibly slightly better for this.

little_critter

Visit site
I wear my 'retired' jodh boots which are too knackered to ride in (split pretty much all the way across the toes)
They won't cope with any rain or puddles but are fine if it stays dry.

Enfys

Visit site

now_loves_mares

Visit site
I wear Timberland docksiders on the yard. Quite old school, and no use for riding, so I just shove on jod boots for that. But they are fairly light, yet leather with a good sole. Might be different if I was on and off horses all day though.

ETS - who am I kidding. I wear wellies 11 months of the year.

Last edited:

Limbo1

Visit site
I ware the Ariat boots - like walking boots - can't remember their proper name. As mine are at home I tend to change in and out of boots quite a bit. Yesterday I wore wellies in am and when digging out the muck heap. Ariats most of the day and when kids riding - they are comfy for running next to lead rein ponies. The crocs for checks and quick rug change. Plus county boots in early am whilst still in PJs! Hate wellies in bar feet!

Tapir

Visit site
Woofwear ankle height boots that are suitable for riding in. They're so comfy, water resistant, supportive and don't feel clumpy.

I also have Woof Wear horizon boots - they're a bit like walking boots that you can ride in.

supsup

Visit site
I'm another fan of Ariat Terrain boots (i.e. the non-water proof, slightly cooler and lighter version of the Tellurides). As comfortable for walking as for riding. I don't think I could be bothered swapping back and forth between yard/riding boots most of the time. Only thing is that last time I bought a new pair (they are done for after 4 years or so) their sizing had changed so drastically, it was completely wrong despite ordering the same boot and size. Would recommend trying them in a shop rather than ordering online.