cant believe it !

Janette

Visit site
Bet it's been nicked! Sorry, but these things happen. Star came in from her field in December with all the front of her rug undone where somebody had tried to pinch it.

Also - bear in mine that Appleby fair is soon.

mairimog

Visit site
With out trying to sound like am jumping in at the deepend, id dose sound like someone has taken it.

I got a new Niksi rug the one with the dasiys on it at the start of the winter put it on my horse, went down in the morning and it had GONE....NOT ON HORES AND NOT IN THE FIELD.

Police said they couldnt proove i had ever put it on the horse!!! £120 GONE in 12 hours.

I know how you feel.

jesterfaerie

Visit site
The cheek of some people.
mad.gif

mairimog

Visit site
It is realy hurtful to know that there are people about who do things like that, bu saddly it is true and more common than you think and not alot that can be done about it.

Its at times like this you wish you had one of those buggers you cant catch unless you have a feed bucket and a team of people
frown.gif

3Beasties

Visit site
Luckily Millie and Charlie would both give any stranger that tried to take there rug off a hard time, Charlie with his teeth and Millie with her back legs
smirk.gif

Maybe you should paint your postcode on any new (or old) rugs you have. Not nice to look at but at least it would deter any thief's! You could also put signs up saying 'CCTV IN OPERATION,' They won't know weather you have it or not and I don't think they would risk trying to find out.

mairimog

Visit site
When you have a new rug that cost £££s the last thing you wnt to do is attack it with a tin of paint but that would have helped.

and fly rugs might be harder to do that on without making a right mess

It is sole destroying when this happens, the only good thing about this post is at happend in the summer, my porr girl was out for god knows how long in a howling gale and P**SING rain with nothing on
frown.gif

3Beasties

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

It is sole destroying when this happens, the only good thing about this post is at happend in the summer, my porr girl was out for god knows how long in a howling gale and P**SING rain with nothing on
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened to me once but the horse had manged to climb out of his rug rather then it being stolen. I was abroad at the time and had got someone to look after them for me. I got back to find a soaking wet TB (It had been a very very wet week) and a screwed up rug at the top of the field.

I questioned the person who was meant to be looking after them and they said 'we thought you had taken it off!!'

Oh yes, of course I am going to get a flight home from my holiday just to come and take my horses rug of, not Bl00dy likely!!

Needless to say they never looked after my horses again!

lhotse

Visit site
I have had several rugs stolen off the horses' backs, whilst stabled. After the first incident, we marked all the rugs with the horses' freezemark number and our surname/postcode. I then had a rug stolen, washed, and then put back on the horse wet, over the dry duvet that they had left behind!!!! They couldn't wash off the markerpen, and it had obviously passed through somebody who knew us (some folk in the travelling community are not all bad) and it was returned. The marks left on it from being under a pile of wet rugs (d-ring marks from another rug) stayed on that rug for ever, until it was buried with my sisters old pony.
I must be the only person who has had a free rug wash throw in with a theft ever!!!

haras

Visit site
I have the straps on my rugs postcoded. Probably not the best deterant, but at least they are marked.

So gutting though and the CCTV signs do not work. I had my car parked under a CCTV camera, behind a shut gate with a sign on it last year and the ******** still broke into my car and nicked my tack, which could not be seen from the road and it was the first time I'd parked there and left my tack in the car, so purely opprtunist.

mairimog

Visit site
LOL

Well at least it was all just a miss understanding although not a very funny one
frown.gif

I had a pony when i was younger that couldnt keep a rug on you would find it lying in the middle of the field with ALL the fastining still done up, NO idea how he did it, in the end we got him a spider rug (ca mind the proper name for them), that was the one thing he couldnt get out of.

The good thing about that is we ALWAYS had the rugs at the end of it and never lost out on any new rugs
frown.gif

mairimog

Visit site
The sad thing is that if you mark your rugs in a way that they might not see at the time they are taking them is they will just get ditchd or burnt and to me that is even more of a waste at least if they nik hem to sell or use on there own someone is still getting use of them.

Dosent make it much better but to me it is better than thinking your money has gone up im smoke

lhotse, if you ever find out who took yours and gave them back with a good clean please point them in my direction, i have LOTS of dirty rugs for them to wash LOL

Brandysnap

Visit site
Hi silver_robin,

I had a rug stolen off my horse (going back to early 1980s).

Go to check him + my mare (in quiet, secluded field, about mile from home, very country area), again, as Janette says, front fastenings unfastened one day. Weird, i thought, said to him 'how've you done that, old lad?' but just fastened him up again.

A week later, his rug totally disappeared. I went to inform the local police in our village, chap on desk just laughed at me and said 'oh he must be cold then'. (They were a great help? That was Cheshire Police. I'm not impressed.)

Went to local horse sale - nothing.

I know it was a local girl, who my previous YO in area warned me was stealing feed, etc. Not many people knew there was even a field there, where mine were, let alone the entrance, but she'd kept a horse there previously, and now she knew i'd got mine there.

Like Ihotse, i marked my rugs afterwards, in white paint, with my post code. It worked! Great idea!

I stopped doing that many years ago, maybe since this woman reproduced + is now a PC mother, even brought the brat to my place for lessons! But one day, i'll meet her in the Co-op, + it'll be a showdown!!

A stale pork pie will catch her in the eye, + she will bite her dust!!

Keep laughing (+ fighting for things that matter), BS x

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Hm. Am tempted to get a large pot of fluerscent paint! Not sure what I'd paint on it though as we hope to be moved by the end of the year... maybe the freezemark number when we get round to having it done
cool.gif

I have seen a little pony roll and effectively step out of the rug - was very funny
grin.gif
. The rug fitted properly, all the straps were done up (two neck, two chest, two crossed over belly, and two hind leg straps).

LouiseL88

Visit site
SHOCKING!! Some people are cheeky b******s! My dad once caught a strange woman walking through one of our fields and when he asked her what she was doing she said she was looking for some jumps!!!Cheeky bitch!! She was lucky she wasn't knee capped by the 12 bore!!!

diggerbez

Visit site
why do people have to steal things? really annoys me...either buy your own or do without...don't take from other people! grr
mad.gif
mad.gif