CANT FIND A NEW HORSE

Tootsiepop

Visit site
Following retirement of my Tootsie I have been looking for a new horse but I can't seem to find anything good. I want someting 5-10 that has evented up to novice level or has the potential to do so, it must also be good quality. Everything I like is very expensive and beyond my means, people seem to be asking £10K for horses that dont even have a good competition record. I have decided that I am 1. out of touch with the price of horses or 2. People see me coming and think I am an easy touch. or 3. This is just what you need to pay to get something good.
Can anyone please advise what would be realistic?
Thanks
Toots

Bossanova

Visit site
They are out there!!

We had a devil of a time selling a real nice competitive novice horse (had won at N, jumped clear 1* and couple of ints) earlier this year and he was well below 10k

vic07

Visit site
I have a lovely intro mare advertised that I haven't had a call for! Dropped price and everything...... Bit confused what market is doing. Trouble is it is very difficult to price horses as you look at what everyone else is asking and then price accordingly. Perhaps ring some above your budget and explain your situation and find out whether they will accept offers or look at horses slightly outside what you want, e.g something younger or with less experience etc...

filly190

Visit site
Just a suggested, but what about the pony club uk website, where a horse is good, reached a decent level that you can take further. Thats how Zara Phillips got Toytown, she got him a six and put the work in.

Skhosu

Visit site
I love the last one. Would like to see middle horse jumping. Middle is ok, not great pics!
TBH, I would say 6-7K is going to be the price.

moodymare1987

Visit site
i like the first and last but is it me i read the description for the middle one and it says indoor eventing?? since when can you do this or is it just me misreading it? i am tired thats my excuse??!!