Cant watch, are they all home safe?

blueneonrainbow

Visit site
Awfully glad to hear it because there were some horrific looking falls this year. People say TBs have glass legs and are fragile as anything but the fact that they were all ok seems to contradict all those legends!

WelshMisfit

Visit site
Yay! All horses and riders home safe!
bananadance.gif
Did you see the 3 falls at one fence?
shocked.gif
Must have been a pretty hairy moment! Laughed at King Johns Castle, there was no way he was going. Nah uh! :D

3BayGeldings

Visit site
Im almost pleased he wouldn't go - it proves that these horses are wanting to run and that they can't be bullied into it. A little stick can only do so much, in the end it's free will on the horse's part.

JoG

Visit site
All safe :D really felt for the horse bought down by a loose horse falling and also loose horse that somehow got onto the inner road and was cantering along on the tarmac though :eek: going to be sore tomorrow!!

Troylimbo1

Visit site
Im almost pleased he wouldn't go - it proves that these horses are wanting to run and that they can't be bullied into it. A little stick can only do so much, in the end it's free will on the horse's part.

Very true. Also the fact they keep going and jumping despite losing their riders along the way says to me they love it!!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Oh gosh, I'm so glad everyone OK; there was an awful tumble where one loose horse seemed to fall on landing and the others behind all piled up into it - horrendous. These jockeys sure have got massive intestinal fortitude; here's me putting my heart in my mouth if I pop a log out hacking!! Whatta wuss. Tho' I fink the speed my boy went on his hack today, he thought he'd be lining up for the National! Jipes, didn't he go!!

Sparkles

Visit site
Anyone know what happened to Dont Push It though? His back hooves were covered in blood streaming down after the race when they were walking him back....

somethingorother

Visit site
They're not going to stand there and get left behind when there's loads of other horses galloping off flat out are they?

Maybe they do like it. But don't kid yourself that many horses would stand on their own instead of running with a 'herd' and that's why they do it.