Can't watch the dressage

Parrotperson

Visit site
Oh great. The BBC aren't showing it and although I apparently have a years free Discoverplus on Sky it wont let me log on to it

Fantastic.

It's a lot of money to pay between the two of them not to be able to see it frankly.

The BBC better show the Kur and the x country or I'll have something to say!

And why no Red button channels? Last time there were 7 or 8 so plenty of alternates to watching cycling/boxing/atheltics but this time only one red button channel. Gah.

I'm cross now!

Reactions: Kat

eggs

Visit site
My husband managed to log me in to Discovery plus as it was beyond my (non) technical skills. Now waiting for Lottie at 10.03

Equi

Visit site
Have you created a discovery + log on? You have to do it through discovery + then it will automatically say you have a sky subscription

scats

Visit site
thanks. it says "can;'t log you on at the present time" think its a sky issue you rather than a discovery issue!

Oh what a pain. I had a slight blip when I tried to log into the sky discoveryplus activate web address and it kept saying access denied but I then did it on my Dad’s phone (it’s in his name) and it let us in.
Bit of a faff with lots of back and forth and logging in and codes but got there eventually!

scats

Visit site
um. Which one do I choose?! I have Free, £49 a year or £29 a year. Nothing about Sky!

Go to apps on your Tv and near the bottom it says something like app set up and scroll to discovery plus, then it will lead you through the steps. The option should say £0.00 if you have the free 12 months. Looks like you are going on and setting up a new account entirely, you need to do it through the sky box.

lynz88

Visit site
Brighteyes - I use Express VPN. I used it when I spent 4 months in Canada last year and wanted UK content and have re-subscribed to get Canadian content. Works beautifully.

Also if you have any issues they are very quick to respond and get it fixed. Had a few issues accessing UK content last year and they fixed it quite quickly.

BTW CBC has commentary and pretty sure it is the regular BBC commentators so likely a BBC feed that CBC has picked up and is showing :)

Last edited:

Sandstone1

Visit site
I've got discovery on my chromebook. Signed up for a month. I've got a Sony smart TV but can't get it to show discovery. Any techy people know how to do it please? I can watch on chromebook but would like to see it on TV if poss. Thanks

Parrotperson

Visit site
Just commented on the other thread, BBC has 2 red button channels and both were showing the same hockey match.

because they're showing another sport on BBC1. Apparently their contact says they can only show 2 sports at once. Disveroy plus have bought the rights to show everything. Which is ridiculous but the way the world works now.

Parrotperson

Visit site
yes exracehorse no commentary is odd. I notice they have commentary on discovery plus for the football now so maybe we all should pressed a serrate button for commentary?! Who knows. Its not exactly intuitive is it!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
because they're showing another sport on BBC1. Apparently their contact says they can only show 2 sports at once. Disveroy plus have bought the rights to show everything. Which is ridiculous but the way the world works now.

This licencing stuff means that I couldn't listen to BBC radio Sheffield at all on Friday. BBC sounds was playing a message "this programme is not available in your area" in a loop. I wrote to the station, and the explanation was that it's because content from the Olympics pops up all through the day, and it's only licensed to the Beeb for broadcast in the UK.

And it's much simpler, visibly, to simply cut off the whole station, target than trying to filter out licensed Olympic content.

Visit site
The Beeb licence fee really isn’t looking like great value for money right now

I spent an hour this morning looking at the bbc/sport website, IPlayer, red button thing. Switched through footage of people losing at archery, cycling, table tennis, tiddlywinks and god knows what else thinking WHERE IS THE BLOODY DRESSAGE WE ACTUALLY WIN AT THAT

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

Then given they will probably be showing something on BBC 1 and/or 2 throughout the games, 2 red button channels aren't needed.

However when I checked it's the right to show 2 sports live so they could put edited highlights on the other or as it's the first day, the opening ceremony for those who missed it.

Mynstrel

Visit site
Anybody wanting to watch Olympics on eurosport subscribe to player directly for the month, don't go through Amazon. I tried and it only had a subset of the channels available. Managed to cancel/refund and spent the same money on Eurosport player instead and there it was ?