Can't work out what is wrong with advert...

Tern

Visit site
So, we are looking for another dog.. we would love to rescue but none of the rescues will look at us because nothing can live with cats or be left alone for more than 4 hours.. everyone in the house works/goes to college etc. Shoot me down but my Lab is left for more than 4 hours however this is not everyday as sometimes my father will work for home at two weeks at a time and other times he is travelling.. Dog is always left with water and the radio on.. Although he is not in anyway upset about being left alone he probably would prefer to have a companion with him.

So, we were going to get another lab - they were supposed to be born on valentines day yet the bitch had a phantom pregnancy and wasn't scanned until last minute... :/

Anyway, I am looking at a puppy for sale (Dogue du Bordeux) yet something in the advert isn't right and I don't know why.. it doesn't look dodgy as such it just doesn't look right. Would anybody be able to look at the advert for me and offer some advice? (Will PM you link) Thank you. :)

twiggy2

Visit site
So, we are looking for another dog.. we would love to rescue but none of the rescues will look at us because nothing can live with cats or be left alone for more than 4 hours.. everyone in the house works/goes to college etc. Shoot me down but my Lab is left for more than 4 hours however this is not everyday as sometimes my father will work for home at two weeks at a time and other times he is travelling.. Dog is always left with water and the radio on.. Although he is not in anyway upset about being left alone he probably would prefer to have a companion with him.

So, we were going to get another lab - they were supposed to be born on valentines day yet the bitch had a phantom pregnancy and wasn't scanned until last minute... :/

Anyway, I am looking at a puppy for sale (Dogue du Bordeux) yet something in the advert isn't right and I don't know why.. it doesn't look dodgy as such it just doesn't look right. Would anybody be able to look at the advert for me and offer some advice? (Will PM you link) Thank you. :)

happy to look

Baileybones

Visit site
Not trying to sway you but re rescue look at EGLR. Not just lurchers as they currently have a collie x, a pug, a pom and a spaniel and they're a very practical rescue. Pip is very sensible and all of their dogs are cat tested. Two of mine came from them and they knew I had a cat.
Also if a dog genuinely can't be left they'll be straight and tell you but almost all of hers can go 4hrs by the time they're rehoming and some even say that they'd do better with other dogs.
As said very different from type you're looking at but might be worth a look especially as some of their foster homes are in your area x

Tern

Visit site
Not trying to sway you but re rescue look at EGLR. Not just lurchers as they currently have a collie x, a pug, a pom and a spaniel and they're a very practical rescue. Pip is very sensible and all of their dogs are cat tested. Two of mine came from them and they knew I had a cat.
Also if a dog genuinely can't be left they'll be straight and tell you but almost all of hers can go 4hrs by the time they're rehoming and some even say that they'd do better with other dogs.
As said very different from type you're looking at but might be worth a look especially as some of their foster homes are in your area x

Thank you. :) We aren't looking for a specific breed as such although lab/GSD types (bigger dogs) :) I will take a look though, thanks!

SA - I am sending you link now. I have a friend who seems to think people are European.. lord knows how he knows that.

JulesRules

Visit site
Happy to look if you PM me.

Ref Rescues - have a look at Dogwatch UK They are in the Midlands so Gloucestershire is do-able for them I'm sure. Plenty of cat friendly dogs and they have very sensible view about taking each home on it's own merits.

However, some of their dogs come from Spain - see last weeks thread about dogs from abroad as I know some people are totally against this. My personal view is I would rather have a rescue regardless of origin. Anyway, my lovely Ava came from them as we needed a cat friendly beastie and she is a total sweetie.

missmatch

Visit site
There are smaller rescues which aren't quite so stringent. I can send you the details of some I know if that would be any help.