Cantering Backwards

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I need to get out more if my dreams show a horse cantering backwards!

So my question is could a horse do that if it wanted to. It did in the dream and looked like I had worked all the leg sequences out as well. It was western so technically I decided it could lope. :)

Any odd dreams from anyone lately regarding horses, do add.
I was also jumping a horse over a decent cross pole, knew was a dream then as wouldn't do that height in real life!

HEM

Visit site
I had a similar dream the other night, jumping a cross poll but basically just kept taking off! It was like myself and horse were stuck in the take off position and kept going up and up and up.... who knows where I ended up, never did find out!

(I assume Mars though:p)

Annagain

Visit site
I had a recurring and very strange horsey dream a few years back. My horse turned up at my mother's house while we were all there. My mother sat on him to stop him running away (WTF?) while I built a fence to secure him. The fence was that 6" high plastic stuff that looks like a miniature picket fence that people use to edge lawns but as soon as I had put it right round the border of the lawn, mum got off him. I would always wake up at this point every time.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I've had more wierd horse dreams than I can count but I remember reading about backwards canter in some Spanish translated books years ago. Was used in the bull rings apparently.

Mule

Visit site
When I saw the cantering backwards video I had visions of the beast giving it a go 😮
He's got a very good rein back courtesy of his napping days 😏

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
When I saw the cantering backwards video I had visions of the beast giving it a go 😮
He's got a very good rein back courtesy of his napping days 😏
lol! Kira does too but she hasn't yet broken out of reverse trot :eek:

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
My old gal could canter backwards!! If she feeling a bit mare'ish then she'd do it to any of the herd who'd entered her "space".

Hilarious to see, and truly unbelievable.

Its only one of the things I miss about her, silly old coot......... she was PTS last Autumn and the field just isn't the same any more without her :(