Car and trailer hire (driven, not self drive)

fairyclare

Visit site
Just looking to see if there is any call for this mode of transport - not by me, I don't hold the required licence and have my own little horsebox.

Just curious as there is a lot of trailer hire and self drive 3.5t hire's about but you don't see any car and trailer hires about.

Not looking for advice, I am not looking at any business opportunity, just a curious question for a Sunday afternoon.

HiPo'sHuman

Visit site
A local lady who runs a 3.5T box hire did buy a trailer, she was telling me there was no call for it and she ended up selling. Not sure about a service with car included, I would doubt it though? You can hire a lorry here for c. £70 ish, I don't think you could charge that much for a car/trailer combo...would there even be any profit it in?

Lintel

Visit site
I'd imagine by the time you factor in driver hire cost.. fuel... maintinece of car and box.. it would be abit non-profitable.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
there's a couple of trailer hire places I know of up here-they don't hire cars though (mores the pity, I would use it). they also do long term trailer hire too.