Car crate

seaofdreams

Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for a good quality crate for my car (2013 Fiat Punto 3door) I currently have a Ferplast Atlas (80 I think) which I got of eBay second hand a good year ago now probably.
The issue is it's quite elderly now and one of the doors doesn't click shut and it's very rusty.

I also feel that the plasticness (I know that's not a word, but couldn't think of anything else!) of it takes up more room than needed in the car, I would rather my dog had the extra space!

The dog is a Working Cocker Spaniel, so not huge, the crate can stay in the car full time as I'm always out and about with the dog and we have agility twice a week etc.

I'm just asking for any advice on companies, types (boxes or cage type) made to measure or bog standard, any companies to avoid etc.

Many thanks in advance :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
cant help with other firms but I have an atlas crate for my 2 dogs and I think it is brilliant. yes it prob takes up a little more room but it seems to keep them cool even if the sun is blazing through the windows. I don't leave them in the car but if I am in a traffic jam they seem fine while I am very hot....I used to use a metal cage when I had one dog and put a blanket over it to stop the sun (when we did get some!!) I found this very useful as it could be folded down when not needed..