Car light thingy to use in school...

piaffe

Visit site
Hmmm, not sure how to explain it.
crazy.gif

I need to do something to light up our school in the winter. YO will not pay for lighting and she suggested i buy a powerful torch or suchlike.

I have seen on some defenders/ landrovers etc whack-off great light things stuck on the top. Anyone know what they are called to search on ebay, whether they would be any good or, indeed, any other suggestions?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
couldn't you find some cheap flood lights on ebay? not sure where you would be able to find enough car lights to buy to light up the school
crazy.gif

Kat
xx

piaffe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
theyre really bright to stun rabbits and animals so they can shoot them.
i think thats what youre after - will go have a look for you...***toddles off***....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh fanks! Would like to point out that i do not intend to stun and then shoot my horse!
tongue.gif

piaffe

Visit site
The YO did have flood lights but the poles werent tall enough and it was really hard to ride in. She didnt seem keen about setting it up again. None of the other liveries use the school in the dark so they couldnt care less but i really must have use of school in the evenings after work other wise i wont be able to ride during the week.

im fast running out of ideas!
frown.gif

piaffe

Visit site
I actually like that idea. have found 12 floodlights on ebay, portable ones. I could put them around the edge of the school (not all of them). Not sure what the effect would be or how to connect them together safely to plug them in.

Ohhhhhhhhh.............. nothing is ever simple!
mad.gif

Louby

Visit site
Theres a bloke on the next farm that does lamping and he has one. I googled Driving lamp and ww.vangadgets.co.uk have cheaper lights but Im not sure if they would be suitable. On my old yard they had one light at the end of the school but it wasnt really any good. Would a heavy duty car/wagon battery give enough power to support a couple of portable lights, just an idea?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Driving Lamps, Fog Lights etc would need car batteries to power them & they would rapidly drain. If your YO will allow you to plug into the mains you could try site lights. They are reasonably priced and give a good light/ You may be able to get away with one on opposite corners depending on the sixe of the school.

Try this link for price etc:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101334&ts=56763&id=14558
I hope it helps