Car with steering wheel that's not offset?

Teajack

Visit site
As above really - having invested time and effort in sorting my posture and no longer nearly as crooked thanks to physio, I am really noticing that the steering wheel in my current drive (2004 Golf) is offset to the right. That's the side I collapse on, so not helpful. Previous 2000 Skoda Felicia was also like this, so I guess it might be pretty standard now. I need to buy another car anyway - small budget so likely 10+ years old. Does anyone drive/know of a car model where the wheel is directly in front of the driver?

Thanks!

Louby

Visit site
Sorry Im not much help but I drive a golf too and have never noticed this, mines a 2007. I will definately have a look when I go out later.

Littlefloof

Visit site
I can't comment directly on other makes but Volkswagens and Skodas are twins under the skin, so it might be worth looking at a non-Volkswagen Audi Group motor?

DirectorFury

Visit site
None of the (many) cars in the drive have offset steering wheels. The smallest that's road legal is a mk2 golf and the wheel on that is directly in front of the driver, as is the mk3 golf. Nothing is newer than 'N' reg ('96 I think?) so age might be a factor.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
My most recent cars have been Volvo and Audi, I think the wheels are straight in front of the driver, but the pedals are a little offset (so my Physio told me when she came and assessed me driving). She said that most cars that were originally designed to be left hand drive and then converted are offset. Being as the British motor industry is decimated this leaves little left to drive!

hollyandivy123

Visit site
My most recent cars have been Volvo and Audi, I think the wheels are straight in front of the driver, but the pedals are a little offset (so my Physio told me when she came and assessed me driving). She said that most cars that were originally designed to be left hand drive and then converted are offset. Being as the British motor industry is decimated this leaves little left to drive!
if that is the case you might be left with a Bentley as an option.....?

possible tow vehicle

https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/mo...ulliner.html#fcacc7381e2e0e851b2aa0f7df4cf143