Carine Gevaert lesson- anyone had one?

myfatpony

Visit site
I recieved some birthday money to have a lesson with Carine Gevaert and i was chuffed! I have just emailed her, anyone had one from her?

valentina

New User
Visit site
Hello! I hope you have had a lesson by now:)

Carine is by far the best trainer I ever had and I have lived in different countries and worked at competition yards. She has a very big amount of knowledge and experience and she explains everything really well.

I have started a few month ago with fortnight lessons. My horse is a different horse now, everyone who knew him before always comment o it:) He is very big (18h Friesian x) and had loads of bad-bad habits, that no one could really do anything about, they have vanished after a couple of lessons! He is much safer (but not in the sense of dull and uninterested) now and really enjoys being ridden and trained, also very cooperative (at least I think so).

Even though lesson with Carine is double of the price of the standard one, but you will leave it with a clear plan of what you need to do and home work:) And you will really feel the difference before and after the lesson.

Have fun! xx

Visit site
I have been taking lessons from Carine fortnightly for five years and my goal is to get my horse to Grand Prix level.

He is a Thoroughbred/Shire and was bred as a show hunter. Hence, his natural way of going is "long and low". With Carine's expert guidance, his balance is changing so that he carries more weight on the hindquarters and is showing more collected paces. This has been achieved using lateral neck flexions which improves both lateral flexibility and longitudnal flexibility.

Carine's methods are genuinely classical which strives for collection with lightness - something unfortunately seldom seen in modern competitive dressage. For example, many horses even at international competitions are awarded good marks for Piaffe on the forehand with the head & neck overflexed and front legs behind the vertical. This is wrong and Carine's methods lead to correct collection for correct Piaffe. She trains with Philippe Karl (formally of Samur) in the School of Legerete the aim of which is to provide a trully classical alternative to the methods that many trainers employ to "appear" to be doing dressage! I realise that this is a strong statement, but if you doubt its validity I suggest that you read "Twisted Truths of Modern Dressage" by Philippe Karl.

I have trained with top trainers in the USA in dressage, eventing and show jumping and I have been riding for over 50 years. Hence, I have seen many different training methods, but as far as dressage is concerned Carine is the best trainer I have come across. I am therefore very fortunate to train with Carine Gevaert!

Prof Sephen J Foti

flyingtrapeze

New User
Visit site
To anyone else thinking of having a lesson I can only say book one now! You will not regret it and it will set you on the path for stress free and correct riding that both you and your horse will enjoy. I have been having lessons with Carine for a year now and have thoroughly enjoyed everything she has taught me. You will forget what you have been previously taught and start with the basics but that is great to have the correct foundation to develop from. My horse has always been worried about accepting a contact even though I am always very careful with and light with my hands. Her gentle and consistent methods have shown my horse not to be afraid or worried. He is now relaxed and happy in his mouth and mouths the bit confidently. Carine always explains her methods in an easy and logical way explaining why it is good for the horse and rider. My horse has built up lots of muscle along his back and the lateral flexions and exercises we do mean he is never over worked or sore. She is always quick to reward the horse and give them time to relax and think about things during the lessons. Carine has a great sense of humour and her lessons are always great fun as well which I think is important. We always leave our lessons relaxed and happy and look forward to the next one which never comes soon enough! I am looking forward to learning more.

valentina

New User
Visit site
Mmmn yes I thought that too, all giving amazing testimonials....

Mmmm is it me... Suddenly 3 first time posters appear....?

The three single-posters appeared here spend their time riding not posting. As you see Carine is our favourite trainer and if we google her name it brings this post, so we feel it is our duty to tell our opinion. If you are wary of validity of those posts, our names are easy to google/facebook - noone is hiding. If you are still suspicious - book a lesson and see for yourself.

Regards,
Valentina

flyingtrapeze

New User
Visit site
Yes well said Valentina, if you have experience a lesson and have something constructive to say then please add to the posts, if not don't waste your time.

regards

redclover

New User
Visit site
I had my first lesson with carine this week, worth every penny , she is the first instructor that has made me excited about having my next lesson, I can't wait. Her wealth of knowledge and abundant patience while teaching ,she explains well and has a good sense of humour(always needed).
I have such a good gut feeling that this is the way forward for my horse and myself , I already have seen a difference in my mare and myself after one lesson and have lots to practise before my next lesson , bring it on Carine

Countrychic

Visit site
If you're so busy training your horses and not posting why do you spend your time googling carines name?and why have all have you suddenly decided to post on an old thread. I'm sure by now the op has made up her own mind. And flying trapeze it isn't your post to decide who can and can't post.

Christmas Magic

Visit site
Friend of mine having lessons with her and cant be more happy. I wanted to do clinic at our yard with Carine,but i cant afford it at the moment,so as others,so this have to wait. As to new posters,i think one of them is said friend of mine(who read forum but wasn't registered here:) Anyway,cant wait till i scrape enough money to have a lesson with Carine.:)