carpal tunnel

merlins-mum

community.webshots.com
I've just been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. On the one hand, it's good to have a diagnosis as my hand is really painful some days. OTOH, I have to wear a wrist brace at work which is itchy and annoying.

Riding has been painful too recently - in fact I am not *completely* sure that it's not been more of a cause than the typing I do! I can't wear the proper wrist brace while riding, as it comes right across my hand and will affect holding the reins.

Anyone know of a brace that can be worn while riding? I expect that if I ask my doctor, she'll just suggest I don't ride!

GinaB

Visit site
Could you possibly tell me syptoms of carpal tunnel and how it is diagnosed? As I have been having trouble recently with my right wrist. I do a lot of typing (in work, not just on HHO!!) and working on computers. I have mine in a tubi grip at mo. And how do you tell the difference between that and RSI? Thanks

siennamum

Visit site
My husband had his operated on privately and it's pretty much completely better.
I htink that leaving it too long reduces the chance of a good outcome. Have you plans for an op.

ExtremeB

Visit site
I've had both my writsts operated on. Would really recommend you ask GP to put you on waiting list. They only seem to get worse if left untreated. I had my second one done a year ago and was back in training after 4 weeks. Hardest thing was picking out feet!

miller

Visit site
I rode with the NHS brace (one with the metal under your palm) took a bit of getting used to and needed washing regularly but was fine.

I got Carpal Tunnel after drag hunting my welsh d!

pottamus

Visit site
there is an operation you can have but you need to get in there quick as the waiting list is long and the longer you leave it the less effect the operation will have for the long term.
It is a simple operation...someone I know had both done and she was up and running about 5/6 weeks after.

charmaine

Visit site
The only solution is the operation, nothing else will help to any extent. I've had it done and was back to mucking out etc. in only 3 weeks. The relief from the pins and needles and pain was wonderful. Had it done years ago and no further problem. Get yourself put on a waiting list because with the NHS it will be a long one as it's not considered urgent.