carried on from my earlier posts-vid

I_A_P

Visit site
hi, heres just a short video of my dressage warm up yesterday, i ahve spoken on here about many flatwork problems i have had with her but i think its starting to come together now.

the warm-up was very hectic!! there was a better longer video but took too long to upload!!
any comments much appreciated...i know there is til lots to work on..but she is starting to carry herself and as i give the rein fowards now she dfoes start to push her nose out slightly and carry herself rather than me carrying her
smile.gif

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/fran123t/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

Butterbean

Visit site
She looks lovely, calm and relaxed, no wonder you got such a good mark. It really is a pleasure watching your videos - especially the XC one in your sig!

I_A_P

Visit site
yeh shes getting there! as i say im now starting to( not in the vid tho..as had only practised the day before...lettin my hands up and foward more so encourage her to carry herself more in front so wil be working on that more soon)
shes really improved the only proper schooling i can do is once a week with my trainer the rest of the time i have to do out hacking..as have no acees to an arena.!
thanks

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Hi

I think the video is good. Obviously you are on grass, in a crowded warm up area but I think she could go forward a little bit more, that would also help her to carry herself but I think you should be very pleased with her progress and she looks a very willing, quiet horse!
smile.gif
welldone!

I_A_P

Visit site
yep i know what you mean dutch...thing is it was incredibly windy..and i mean incredibly so i was trying not to over.excite her..she did go slightly more in the actual arena as it was rigt on top of the hill!
it was crowded..its really annoying so many peopple ran into me, i was constantly watching out for other people as all they seem to be interested in is lookin at their horses neck and sawing away at their mouths..or galloping around as fast as they can :s

thank you for the lovely comments, would upload the actual test but its such a huge file it would take hours i think!!

Fiona

Visit site
Given the wind, and the crowded warmup, I thought it was an excellent piece of work, good rhythm etc. You've already said that you are starting to work on being more uphill, which is the only criticism I could make.
I am at the same stage with my young horse, but as she is built rather downhill, it may take a bit more work.
Lovely video.
Fiona

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Hi
That's exactly what I meant! Because of course you couldn't ride her as forward as you would have liked, but at least she was good. Even people rode past the camera every which-way not really caring did they!

I think it is very difficult whent the lorries are virtually in the warm up area! Also if your horse rodeod you'd have no where to stear it to!

Good job
smile.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
awww thankyou very much
fiona-i know what you mean about thehorse being downhill...if you look at millie she is naturally bhuilt a bit that way..and her neck is set fairly low on her shoulders which always make her look more naturally downhill.
thanks for all your lovely comments
smile.gif