Cat, I should be reported :(

mulledwhine

Visit site
I was given my cat about 16 years ago and them 3 months later she had kittens, I kept mum and 2 kittens, the other 2 kits went together to a good friend.

I have been out today at a good friEnds 40th party, got back an hour ago to hear my old kitten shouting in distress!!!!

She was hanging from the ironing board!!!! I got her lpose and it looked like she had browken her leg!!!

I am worried now, as said kit has never got much bigger than a kitten, I can't cuddle them due to asthma, but put her on my knee to calm her down, she will only let me do this, but her leg looked snapped in two!!! She is now putting weight on it, but she had fleas!!!!

Sorry for the ramble but she is small, got fleas and feels skinny . I have managed to get a kill all collar from a friend, so hope she will now feel better.

But she is lying next to me, something she never does, breathing heavily.

Seems comfy, is it the new flea cpolar making her relaxed?

Again sorry for the ramble , ps she is a house cat sO not quite sure how she got them!!!!

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
How do you know the leg isn't broken?

Legs shouldn't look like they've broken in two, and heavy breathing and significant changes in behaviour shouldn't be ignored.

What is stopping you from taking her to the vet?

navaho

Visit site
So how old is the cat? If she is old & lost weight then she might need a check up at the vets (would take her anyway because of the leg though). If shes got fleas you would be much better off getting some frontline to deal with it, collars arent usually up to much.

Last edited:

onemoretime

Visit site
Are you sure this is not a wind up. If it is not you must take the cat to the vet so that he can at least check it over. Please act like a responsible owner.

team barney

Visit site
I think you should take the cat to the vet to have her leg checked out. I sounds like she may have seriously hurt herself and at 16 she isn't a spring chicken.

Fleas are like headlice they happen sometimes, it doesn't mean you abuse your animals it is just bad luck like leg mites or lice in horses, they just need to be dealt with asap.

Regarding the cats weight I really wouldn't like to comment as I have no idea what condition she is in. But it does sound rather strange that you didn't know what their body condition was like?

Izzwizz

Visit site
Get your cat to the vets where they can check her out, treat her for fleas with Frontline and you will need to treat your house where she roams. Fleas can live in your furniture, carpets, at our vets we sell a spray treatment which does a couple of rooms. Its not too expensive but fleas in the house will not be pleasant!

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Ok, so has the cat seen a vet? If not then you should get it to one ASAP! Especially if she is breathing heavily, she is obviously in pain.

If you do not take her to a vet, then yes you should be reported, sorry but that is cruel. She needs help, and as her owner it is down to you to ensure she gets that help.

If this is a troll thread then shame on you.

Brambridge04

Visit site
Are u mad?

I have two cats, one is huge the other is nearly same age but is TINY, even though she had NO accidents, NO illness, etc i took her to vets to CHECK why she was so tiny, vet said its her build and she was perfectly healthy!

You shouldve had her checked even before you thought there was something wrong............

AND if you suspect a broken leg or if change in behaviour and this post isnt a wind up, call a vet!

mulledwhine

Visit site
It is not broken, she had been chasing a moth and then just has cOme and laid down next to me.

She has never been very big which is why I kept her.

Will post a pick in a min, she is now washing her self, my vet knows how much care I take with my animals, I really did not want to start an argument, just wanted to share how much I am crOSS with my self for taking my eye off the ball xxx

Syrah

Visit site
Can I also suggest that you call someone who hasn't been at the 40th party to take you and the cat to the vets, and do it now.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
It is not broken, she had been chasing a moth and then just has cOme and laid down next to me.

She has never been very big which is why I kept her.

Will post a pick in a min, she is now washing her self, my vet knows how much care I take with my animals, I really did not want to start an argument, just wanted to share how much I am crOSS with my self for taking my eye off the ball xxx

You said her leg looked like it had bent in two! Get her seen ASAP!

Syrah

Visit site
I think the OP may have had one too many at the birthday party rather than being a troll. But definitely needs to get the cat seen by a vet and needs to call someone who hasn't had a tipple to take the cat!

quirky

Visit site
Some cats are allergic to flea treatments and panting can be one of the symptoms.

Sorry to say but I agree with the others that it sounds like the vet could do with checking it out.

ColandMe

Visit site
Get the poor cat to a vet! Get some proper flea treatment for all your animals, flea collars are rubbish against a flea infestation, if she has fleas she most certainly has worms too so get wormer for all the pets also. You have to treat them all and get a spray for your carpet. She must see a vet to rule out broken leg.

mulledwhine

Visit site
This is picture taken 10 mins ago, she is putting all her weight on it now with no discomfort, sorry about the carpet, just moved in here!
0b6b4bfc.jpg

Please look at previous posts, I am not a troll and I do not take cruelty lightly, just wanted to vent at how bad I feel :(

For the first time on here I have felt like one of the evil people :(

She is much loved and under the vet, the flea problem had shown it's ugly head for the first time in 16 years, yes, due to me being complacent, :(

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
OP if you are genuine and the cat is okay, then sorry for upsetting you. But from our point of view, you came on here saying you should be reported and that there is a cat with a snapped looking leg who is breathing heavily next to you! My first reaction was OMG!!!

I still don't really understand how the leg could look snapped, but is now ok, and would still urge you to take her to the vet.

But if you have had a few drinks perhpas your wording was maybe a little exhagerated?

mulledwhine

Visit site
Vet has also just been, what a star, she has only bruised her claw bed, and has given me some frontline ; had already got some.

I really was not looking for an argument, and WAS just venting my guilt.

After many years on here enjoying a banter I now know what it is like to suffer the voice of this forum when you really are just sharing a worry

Izzwizz

Visit site
I would get the carpet cleaned and treated by a Pest Control company, that may be where the fleas are lurking.

Fii

Visit site
Are you saying that you are worried to take the cat to the vet because she is underweight and full of fleas??
One minute you say the leg looks snapped in two and then you say it is'nt broken!!
Are you pssd and having a joke? if so it is'nt funny, if not, TAKE YOUR CAT TO A VET!!!!!!

ThePinkPony

Visit site
OP you have to admit your post was a bit.. well disastrous, the whole leg snapped in half, heavy breathing bit. possibly one too many glasses of special punch. :)

Glad the cats okay. and above is right, if youve just moved in then there may well be a dose of fleas in the carpet.

Tinypony

Visit site
Vet has also just been, what a star, she has only bruised her claw bed, and has given me some frontline ; had already got some.

I really was not looking for an argument, and WAS just venting my guilt.

After many years on here enjoying a banter I now know what it is like to suffer the voice of this forum when you really are just sharing a worry

Blimey, how much is it going to cost you for a vet's visit on a Sunday?