Cats - following wwyd thread...

bex1984

Visit site
Following my post the other day about my cats - well, I'm still stuck.

I have decided things can't stay as they are. They have weed in the house again. They are all over my home office. The litter tray is a nightmare with a baby who is about to startwwalking.

I rang the cats protection helpline - they were so kind and patient (I was sobbing a lot...) and cats are now on a list for 2 rehoming centres, but it will be months before theyccan take Them. I'm still feeling massively that I'm letting them down.

Other option is to chuck them outside and convert the shed for them. Boy cat would be fine but girl cat is neurotic. I'm worried she'll dash back into the house when the doors are open, and just wee everywhere because she's stressed. Does anyone have cats who live in a shed or similar? How does it work?

Or do I try to find a farm or similar that might have them? Not sure how well they'd adjust?

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
I have an older 1/2 Persian who will happily wee in the house even with a tray. I chuck her out, she lives out most of the time and come in for food. you do have to check she's not got in before you lock up or go to bed (upstairs doors stay closed etc) she's fine out. in winter only when its really old I let her in the conservatory at night with a litter tray (she will still wee anywhere). its nt her age its since we got a dog:eek:
my other cat is out at night as well. no problems (hes a half Siamese), I also have friends who have yard cats who live at the yard and sleep in stable. In the snow one of mine decided to sleep in the hay barn and didn't try to come in.
they adjust fine but will still and come in