Catterick area - Brushing up skills for hunting

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Can anyone suggest a trainer/yard in the Catterick area where a friend of mine can have some lessons to brush up her skills prior to coming hunting with me. She's not a novice rider, plays polo regularly, but just hasn't jumped in years.

I feel that she would benefit from some lessons just as a confidence builder I was thinking about the YRC, but to have a 45 min individual lesson with one of the basic instructors on one of their horses would come in at £75, I felt that, that was a little steep, but don't know anyone else in the area.

I'd like a good standard of instructor, who will tailor a couple of lessons to her and where she could use one of their horses for the lesson, with the particular goal of hunting i mind.

Anyone any suggestions???

JenHunt

Visit site
You should give Eleanor Mercer a ring... she's at Camp Hill Euestrian centre. Not masively close to catterick, but actually not too far.

Eleanor is a great instructor and a lovely person! She runs pre-hunting courses but your friend is probably a bit late for those now, but I'm sure she could do lessons along those lines for you!

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Thank you JH thats really helpfull, I don't know anyone in the area, do you by any chance have a contact number that you could PM me for her

HV

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Eleanor Mercers' it is then lol

Thanks for the info, she's got two pre-hunting courses between now and the end of the year.

HH - Thats me told off for being lazy lol

Was a bit put off by the website still carrying fixtures and calendar dates from 2008, but sounds promising. Aiming to book my friend an hours individual to see how she gets on in advance then get her out on one the pre hunt courses.

Will let people know how it went...if anyones remotely interested

H V

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Emailed Eleanor, she was very helpful, but cant teach my friend, due to my friends lack of horse and Eleanor being a trainer rather than "riding school". I asked for a recommendation and she has suggested Judith Moss at Belle Vue in the Northallerton area.

Will be giving Judith a call shortly, anyone any experience of her?