Catton Park Novice

Geek

Visit site
I was thinking of entering Catton park for what would be only my second Novice, the horse has done a couple of Novices before but with varying degrees of success. What's the course like? Would it be suitable as an early Novice run?

Thanks in advance for any advice/ replies.

Lexi_

Visit site
From my FJ-ing perspective, it's lovely :D I'll leave it to people who've actually competed to let you know whether it's a suitable early Novice course or not but if you're going, be prepared for the socking great hill partway round the course!

CrazyEquestrian

Visit site
Never been but had a look on Shoestring and it looks nice enough. Couple of curving lines but should be fine if the horse and yourself are confident enough! Good luck! :)

Geek

Visit site
Brilliant, thank you for your replies :) Thanks for the warning about the hill! I will really try and up the fitness work. Is there anyone who has experienced riding it?

blackhor2e

Visit site
Brilliant, thank you for your replies :) Thanks for the warning about the hill! I will really try and up the fitness work. Is there anyone who has experienced riding it?

I've been around the novice twice. I would say it's at the easier end of a novice. The first few fences are quite kind but the track is quite twisty and there is a large hill that you go up and down a very narrow track, watch your speed going down as there is a combination fence at the bottom. Anything else I can help you with, let me know. I have a YouTube channel with the sj and part of the xc on.