Cavallo hoof boots with 'slim soles'?

soloequestrian

Visit site
Looking for some cheap and cheerful hoof boots for my project horse - he is doing very well barefoot but our terrain is quite harsh so I'd like to boot him some of the time. Cavallo are a cheap option that would be the right sort of shape for him but they seem to be offered with regular or 'slim' soles - I can't find anything on the sales pages to explain what the difference is - anyone know? If slim gives a better breakover I'd probably go with that. Also, 'sport' and 'simple' models are similarly priced - which is recommended?
(Note: have used hoof boots a lot in the past, but never Cavallo!)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the slims are narrower.

iirc they were originally the sole for the 'sports' but they now make them as soles for the others too.

the simples are bloody heavy lol

soloequestrian

Visit site
Ah, thank you - it's just really badly worded in the adverts. I thought 'slim boot' and 'slim sole' were two different things but actually they both just mean a narrower boot. So, ignoring that, 'sports' boots would be the preferred option I think?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The Cavallo treks are lighter than Simples and are breathable, so are good for summer. They are priced per boot, I’ve just paid £116 for a pair from Viovet. They do come up second hand, but I missed out on a couple and have had to go new.

The slims (narrower) are more usually suitable for hind feet.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have the trek slim size 2 they suit a foot that is not completely round when measured, I think it's if they are half inch narrower than the length you need a slim rather than the regular, if you look on the size chart it should tell you anyway.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I dont know what size your after but I am selling a pair of cavallo trec slim size 2 they have not been used much so in good condition and they have the support pads to go with them.