cavallo/pikeur jods?

Olliedog

Visit site
hi everyone, does anyone here have cavallo or pikeur jodphurs? I need opinions as I need to get a new pair of jods next year as the ones I have are developing holes (have only had them a year
mad.gif
) and so far I like these two brands the best. Are there any other types people find good?

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Love both Pikeur and Cavallo. Personally, I find the material of the suade seats on the Eurostar to be a bit stiff and dont like riding in them
frown.gif
Also like the Anky breeches.

I always go for full seat for two reasons a) better grip in the saddle and b) they last longer!
smile.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I have 2 pairs of Pikeur Luganas, I've worn one pair loads, and I mean most times I've ridden over the last year and a half and they're still going strong and aren't showing any signs of wear
laugh.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Not tried Cavallo but swear by Pikeur, have some bog standard Princess ones with the suede knee patches that are heading into their fifth year, no holes or bagginess. You can pick them up on www.4dobbin.com for about £65 a pair I think, limited to about 3 colours though.

celia

Visit site
I have 3 pairs of cavallo breeches - absolutely love them - comfiest I have ever had! Have never had Pikeur though so not sure how they compare. It always depends on shape, personal preference etc though so I'd definitely recommend trying on any you like if possible!

Pidge

Visit site
love my pikeurs, have several pairs. very good and well worth the money as they do last ages. Plus they don't go baggy either.

vic07

Visit site
love both but cavallos are better! More comfy, better fit and generally more fashionable. They are just much harder to get hold of though and you never get them at sale prices!!

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
I prefer Pikeur, mainly because my legs are thin and I find Cavallo far too baggy on my hips and legs. Eurostar are also great for people with thin legs.

There are so many types out there, you just have to try them all!!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Have a pair of both and both are great. I used to have a pair of black cord with brown suede full seat Pikeurs which were my fav breeches ever... but they got trashed and ripped beyond repair and I've never been able to find a replacement
frown.gif

Also got a pair of Anky's which I love - especially because they were half price in the Derby House sale - they've very comfy.

My friend bought a pair of Kyra K's yesterday and they look pretty lush.

I'm hankering after some of these but don't speak German and there isn't a UK stockist as yet:

https://www.sonnenreiter.de/shop/

PS Click on the Reithosen Damen link at the side of the screen