CC my pony?

unbalanced

Visit site
Just wondering what you think of my pony in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQMPPyxVLU

In the first bit she is just playing in the school but the second bit is of us riding, our first time in the school in a while. She is 20 and we mostly do hacking at the moment.

So what do you think? How is she looking physically, her movement, my riding...

Thank you :)

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
She is looking fantastic for 20. What breed is she? She looks like a Welshie to me. She seems to go nicely and there does not seem to be any stiffness. What bit are you riding her in, she looked like she was fighting it a bit.

She is lovely.
FDC

pardalis

Visit site
She does look great for 20! I was looking for turning/transitioning at school markers but it didn't seem like you were aiming for that and you were just going 'freestyle!' you are leaning backwards a little during canter - sitting more on your bum bones and upright will add impulsion and a better outline to your canter. Those white reins are quite distracting so I can't comment confidently on your hands. All in all, you do look like you're having fun

unbalanced

Visit site
Thank you for your nice comments :) Yes, she is a Welsh D, nice fun sort that they are. The fact she isn't really stiff is a credit to my super vet - she had arthritis last summer but she had hock injections and things which seem to have done her a whole lot of good.
This is actually our first time in a school in a few months - we've been hacking and doing roadwork to try and get her fit first so erm yes I may have slightly forgotten what markers are for. Ooops.
I'm struggling with the bit thing though. In this video she's in a Myler combination which she seems to prefer to any sort of snaffle. I have got a nice slim snaffle with a supposedly pleasant tasting metal and lozenge but that is worse. She likes being ridden on a loose rein and we often go bridleless and she is happy to listen and very obedient but once I start putting things in her mouth she gets worried. I don't think I have the best hands in the world but I don't think I'm the worst either and I'm trying to improve. Totally bitless isn't really an option because I would really like to get back to doing a little dressage this summer. I had been hoping the Myler Combination would be a nice transition bit for her...