CC on Jim please plus also advice/options/opinions needed.....

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
...... Hi,

P1000048.jpg

So here is Jim, thought it would be cool to CC him. I think he is pretty interestingly put together. The ones I see are

Low set on neck
Broken wither
Flat feet/under run heels
low set tail
Needs more muscle over the back
Short coupled, not much room for saddle for tall person (like me, I am riding in a 16.5 inch saddle and I dont really fit :D)

Any more welcome

Any way, to the advice....

.....I have had some interest in him but the majority of people are not experienced enough to take him on. Although good natured he is very green for his age and needs a good winter of regular schooling over flat and jumping and xc. Any way, I am running out of time.

The owners will PTS if he goes back, that much is confirmed. So, basically I was thinking of asking one of the good riding schools in our area if they would like him. I have had dealings with this riding school before and I really like them, but I think that he may be too much for them to take on. Currently I think he would do fine for hacks and low level schooling and be good for the more experienced riders to learn from as well. In a few months with all the right schooling, I think he would be a really nice little horse, poss even do a BE80 or even BE90 and would definitely do some dressage and lots of RC/PC stuff. I know this riding school has there own PC and also does camps for children which I think he would enjoy. only down side would be that yet again he would be in a busy environment, pressure and hard work and little real 1 on 1 time with a human.

So any way thoughts, do you think I am silly asking them, should I just send him back to his owners or shall I really push the advertising side and get him a new home?

V1NN

Visit site
Why will they pts? would you not have him? is there anything actually wrong with him? does he have any behavioural issues? how old is he? i quite like the look of him, seems a shame to send him back to be pts if theres nothing wrong with the poor boy..you could buy him for a £1 and then sell on in time?

Jesstickle

Visit site
You can always send him to me :)

I like the look of him. He has the face of a sweety. Why can't you keep him and why doesn't the owner want him. Shame it's such a rubbish market as he sounds a nice sort to me. blooming recession!

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
I would LOVE to take him on for ever, but I am trying very hard to get a new job and it looks like I will not be living at home from December, or sooner if my interview on tues goes ok. So I cant take him on any more. Had initially only had him on loan for the summer but then it all went wrong when we found out owner doesnt want him back (she has no need of him either as her sons are very good polo players and he cant play at that level any more), I got him off of my livery after her sharer feel through, she had him for her son as a spare polo pony but he has just finished his season and is now giving up (all his polo ponies are for sale) so livery does not need him either so will just give him back to owner if I stop having him .

He is 15 yrs old 15.1 full TB, raced as a 2 yr old for 4 or poss 5 seasons and only ever got placed 3 times. He was very bad at it :D then went straight into polo which he was good at but now due to getting on a bit, can no longer play at the higher levels and its therefore not wanted by his owners who loaned him out for PC levels.

I took him on as a project as he is not really that keen on polo, and has done everything with me.

Owner will either long term loan or sell but have given me no price to sell him at, so I am accepting any offers

He is very sweet, tries hard but is not the cleverest. He has only been in riding horse work for 3 months now an is already much better, his balance is much better, acceptance of bit going well, working in an outline in walk and trot needs more work in canter (his most unbalanced pace and he struggles with people sitting on his back in canter with head down and working over back as he has never had any sit on him in canter before).

Owner does not want him and cannot be bothered with him, hence PTS.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
If he's an easy lad to deal with how about trying an ad on the PC website as suitable for polo beginner.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Ta J_too will give it a go.

hch4971 is a eqiune college different to a riding school then in terms of teaching. The RC I was thinking of asking is also a training centre? I like equine colleges, but thought your horse needed to be sort of more like ex eventer/ sj/ dressage type for teaching purposes?

shadowboy

Visit site
I genuinely cant beleive they dont want him!!!! I will happily have him- Im shoked- that they would put a healthy happy and useful horse to sleep- it seems such a waste. Send him to me - Ill love and cuddle him (Im actually being serious!- he's make a great me and OH share horse!) PM me if you are genuinely looking for a home for him )

Last edited:

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
shadowboy its a sign of the times, they have not got the time to find him a new home, very busy, and it is better that way than him being left to rot in a field unwanted and unneeded. I can understand their attitude tbh, as at least he would end his days fat and happy, but my aim is to not let that happen. :D hes to cute.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
I was thinking about Jimmy this morning whilst mucking out and will PM you a contact over in Surrey. I’m not sure where you are based exactly but they could perhaps be interested in Jimmy (gifted/£1.00) if they have the room and suitability etc. Please let me know how you get on.