CCTV for foal watch

ruby1

Visit site
Last time we had a black and white cctv moniter with just enough cable to get through the letter box and are considering wireless for this time.

just wondered what other people used not that i'm against using anything with a cable as long as it at least reaches a good bit further than the front door.

Has anyone used wireless and if so is it any good.

Brenjack

Visit site
I used one from Y-Cam. I've used it several times now and it's never failed. Colour during day and black and white over night via infra red. I sat with it on my pc and just watched it all night - was brilliant. My barn is about 70 metres from my house but i think it has much bigger range than that.

hobo

Visit site
I used one called Cow Cam it was fantastic it has a hand held monitor that you can carry around house, so it was at my bedside at night, in the kitchen in the day,with me while I watched TV in the evening.Picture and sound quality was great and it has attacments for TV as well. It was expensive but worth it to be at the birth.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
I bought one like this....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-30LE...-/150529797390?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item230c466d0e
worked excellent! the stables were pitch black at night yet i could see everything i needed to. Easy to set up also! I also connected the tv and reciever to a video recorder and recorded the big event.
I would buy one like this with no hesitation - not sure of the exact distance it would work as i had a caravan that was relatively close to my foaling boxes.
the only negative was that one night i had the fright of my life.... i was dozing, and woke to look at the monitor.... and a spider was right infront of the camera... it showed up bright white due to the night vision and well.... i hate spiders!!!

My friend had a wireless one which was a similar camer, but the reciever had a small screen in it, about 2inches maybe.... she wasnt overly impressed with it.

Penniless

Visit site
Got our wireless ones from Ireland (no vat has to be paid either) and they have a really good range (over 150 metres). Very easy to install. Full colour and sound during the day, infra-red vision (very clear) at night time with sound of course. If you want the name of the company, just ask and I'll look it up for you. Would highly recommend.

k9h

Visit site
Penniless I would be interested in what make the camera was.

As I have a bitch due to whelp next week & am after one!

ruby1

Visit site
Thanks for the info,will definately look into your suggestions.

And regarding the spider on the camera i would have been exactly the same.