zoe352

Visit site
i am looking to do my stage one in northern Ireland and i am looking to find any any one that has
first hand reviews / experience of any centers and any tips they would give me

naomibmck

Visit site
Hi there, I haven't taken my stage one as life got in the way but had started some training a few years ago for it. As far as I know Laurelview is the main exam centre where you take the exam. I'm pretty sure they run training courses a few times a year, but I don't believe you need to go through their training to sit the exam at their centre.
I think some riding schools will be happy to give you bhs exam lessons if you ask, I took one or two at Gransha near Bangor. If you have your own horse or a loan horse you could also get a private instructor to teach you. In either case, try and make sure they have recent experience of the exams so you have up to date teaching.
Hope that helps a bit, and maybe someone with a but more recent experience can come along and give you more info.

zoe352

Visit site
. If you have your own horse or a loan horse you could also get a private instructor to teach you. In either case, try and make sure they have recent experience of the exams so you have up to date teaching.

i have done a mock riding test where i currently ride (it seams simple enough)
i may be wrong but when doing the course / exam you will have to ride two of the exam centers horses (which may be a problem as i am not of small build apparently !?)

naomibmck

Visit site
i have done a mock riding test where i currently ride (it seams simple enough)
i may be wrong but when doing the course / exam you will have to ride two of the exam centers horses (which may be a problem as i am not of small build apparently !?)
I think that's something it may be worth asking your chosen exam centre about before you go. If you've not had issues with getting suitable riding school horses before, it seems unlikely it would be any different at the exam centre.