Ceredigion Inhabitants

Archangel

Visit site
For crying out loud, Wales is heaving with puppy farms and small scale on-farm breeding, the rescue centres are heaving with unwanted dogs. It is absolute misery for the dogs and their unfortunate puppies.

JillA

Visit site
It was Ceredigion who refused to reveal the whereabouts of dogs belonging to a convicted puppy farmer who was awaiting the outcome of his appeal. Seems they don't like dogs.
Can people outside the county lodge an objection?
Or would you perhaps ask RSPCA to lodge one? Or other anti puppy farm charities? And at least require that it has a licence with full regular inspection liabilities

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Anyone can lodge a complaint Jill, and a big anti puppy farming group is also on it.

Hadn’t thought of the rspca so I’ll contact them today. Thanks for the suggestion.

JillA

Visit site
I've lodged an objection (suggesting conditions which would make it nonviable economically!) and added a link to my Facebook time line too - I have a lot of friends in the CKCS world, and that lovely breed is often the breed most liked by puppy farms because they are so easy and so saleable

Finlib

Visit site
I have shared the link on an animal site I am a member of on facebook. It covers West Wales so has members from that area as well as Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire so could get some objections .
Doesn't seem right to allow this already too much breeding designer breeds with no consideration for welfare and getting who is buying!!!!

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
The anti puppy farming group is probably this one https://www.cariadcampaign.co.uk
We are in Carmarthenshire but right on the edge of Ceredigion, I spoke to cariad a year or so ago as we had a puppy farm right opposite us, the noise of the crying and howling dogs and puppies was unbearable to listen to sometimes. There were up to 70 breeding bitches in there at any one time, some died due to fights between them, they were kept in a dark (no windows) metal barn that got roasting hot in summer and freezing in winter.
They sneaked the pups out in a sheep trailer at night with the pups all in trug tubs which is the commonest way of transporting them, disguise them in a sheep trailer do it at night when the roads are quieter.
Most seem to go to London puppy dealers who were selling these "designer" pups for lots of money.It's BIG business here and often the only way to make money.

The arsepca did nothing of course despite being called out numerous times by other people I know locally. Nothing was ever done, it only shut down about a year ago when the couple running it split up, he's still there and is on a ban from keeping farm animals I have heard due to cruelty to cattle when he was farming but it was his partner who ran the puppy farm so suppose she got away with it as it wasn't his business.
Both bought 2 new A5 Audis out of the proceeds and it's all perfectly legal.
I heard she went off with her fancy man and dumped all the bitches round various rescues in Wales, she's started up again where she lives now, nothing and no one to stop her, council really don't want to know.
Wales is the puppy farm capital of the UK, most are legal but there are an awful lot of illegal ones I have heard of too.
Cariad said to me, once the council grant them a licence it's almost impossible to get it revoked or even get the premises regularly inspected.
It is cruel here in parts, I put it down to people being poor as farmers leave rotting farm animals in fields often with young at foot who die too because the mother has died and no one looks in on them everyday. It costs so much to dispose of them, so some don't bother, raptures, corvids and foxes scavenge the corspes, seen that in the next field to me, no one cares, no one listens to any complaints.
Reality of Wales in parts I'm afraid