Chainsawing - Standing on a horse!

TPO

Visit site
Just watching the programme about 'Outback Alaska' and they were chain sawing the branches off a tree by standing on their horse operating the chainsaw!

Meanwhile there are people in the UK kicking off because there is writing on the inside of dressage boards at competitions and it's "spooky"!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Meanwhile there are people in the UK kicking off because there is writing on the inside of dressage boards at competitions and it's "spooky"!

Absolutely. I mean, I'm not leaping onto the back of mine with a chainsaw - more because I'm a mal-coordinated idiot who drops everything than because of the horse - but in the US, where [some] horses still "work", they do have higher expectations!

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
My farrier often goes on what I can describe as extreme trekking at the weekends. He heads out into the wilds with his wife and also a packhorse with all their gear. He often posts videos on FB of him clearing tracks with a chainsaw as he goes, his horses couldn’t care less.

that sounds super interesting, does he have a blog! ha

GreyMane

Visit site
Zoinks.
And I thought my father in law was chancing it going up a ladder in his old wooden clogs (with his balance issues) to chainsaw some bits off a tree!
I hope the horses have ear defenders and big plastic visors.. and high vis... maybe those tin helmets...
or something like this!

1555320175485.png

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It was on the twittereventing facebook page, it doesn't want me to link the photo but it's quite near the top if you're a member.

Reactions: TPO

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
photo.php
57076935_10161749734880438_8390347182582005760_n.jpg