Champions Day

Teaselmeg

Visit site
Super win. Liked watching Aiden post race organising horse and stroking Krypios on the face.
I just wish they would undo the grackle noseband that AOB seems to like to put on all his horses these days. The horse is blowing hard, offered a drink and still has his mouth clamped shut 😢

TheMule

Visit site
I don’t understand the HHO obsession with loosening off the noseband. Horses are obligate nasal breathers, why would being able to open the mouth wider help? If the noseband was tight enough to affect the breathing then horse wouldn’t have won the race!
I agree it's good practice to loosen it a hole once it’s safe to do so, but I'm fine with that being once the horse is away from the busy environment of the winners enclosure. They normally get more annoyed by loose straps flapping around.

humblepie

Visit site
I don’t understand the HHO obsession with loosening off the noseband. Horses are obligate nasal breathers, why would being able to open the mouth wider help? If the noseband was tight enough to affect the breathing then horse wouldn’t have won the race!
I agree it's good practice to loosen it a hole once it’s safe to do so, but I'm fine with that being once the horse is away from the busy environment of the winners enclosure. They normally get more annoyed by loose straps flapping around.

Yes he was quite on it as he came in and not sure I’d have wanted to undo his. You do see quite a few of the jump yards loosening them or undoing and putting the straps up. I don’t have an obsession but OH mentions it when you compare with event horses finishing where you often see them undoing the nose bands straight off.

Teaselmeg

Visit site
Have you seen how tight the nosebands are ?? There was a horse yesterday being offered a drink and was snorting more away than drinking because he still had a tight grackle noseband on.