Champions Tour

Nats_uk

Visit site
I saw a thread in here a while ago dismissing this demo/show and I just wanted to say I had a great time.

The show started off with Geoff on a 4 year old (Hayley as in Roy and Hayley from Coronation Street!!!) and Oli on a 5 year old and they discussed the basics of getting horses to soften by themselves and the need for rhythm and balance in all things. Geoff said (and Oli agreed) you shouldn't be looking for a stride to a jump, just get the horse there in a rhythmic, balanced, bouncy canter.
After some singing from Dave Clough and some vaulting from the Jive Ponys (both very good) the show got back underway after the interval with Oli doing some dressage on Neo Du Breuil (lovely grey - missed last season as accident on road) and then he came back out with Gorsehill Star and Geoff on Apollo Star (his new potential Grand Prix horse). The jumps went on and after a warm up and Geoff trying to scare Oliver "the nancy eventer" with big "proper showjumps" (all tongue in cheek!!) they did a course - both ended on 4 faults but Oli won as he jumped the stage in the middle!!!

I have to say I thought it was excellent - the banter between the two was amazing, the audience was nearly always in stitches and they put on a fun and informative show. I have to say the ending with Oliver was brilliant (but won't say what happened for those that are going). It wasn't the most educational demo I have seen but then it was never advertised as that.

Oh and I got to meet them both and get their autographs in the interval and I have to say Oli is lovely

Photos --

Neo Du Breuil:
2011-01-24214611.jpg

2011-01-24214431.jpg

2011-01-24214447.jpg

2011-01-24214844.jpg

Last edited: