Change of ownership / Irish Passports?

starryeyed

Visit site
Hi everyone,
Exciting news - just bought a new horse! :D But not really sure who to contact regarding changing the ownership on the passport?

She has a white (parentage unknown) "Irish Horse Register" passport, but I can't find a number or address inside it.
After doing some googling, I've found 3 websites but not sure which is the right one to send phone up / send it to?! (Am I just being blonde? :eek: )

Would I send it to the Irish Horse Board, Northern Irish Horse Board or Horse Sport Ireland? Or are they the same thing?! I'm in England if that makes a difference :confused:

Thank you in advance, feeling v stupid tonight (blaming the excitement!) x

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mine has the white Irish Horse Board Identification Document (says this on the front cover) passport. So obviously registered with the Irish Horse Board, therefore I rang them and sent them the fee to change the ownership details.

What does your say on the front cover?

StormyMoments

Visit site
i would go with the irish horse board but i think you can change names online now so you dont have to send it away it will be on record just not on the pass port but i dono maybe im going mad :eek:

1Lucie

Visit site
My horse has the same. If i remember correctly its irish horse board.... i would email before (thats what i did) and they reply pretty quickly. Costs 5euros or 5pounds.

Copperpot

Visit site
Can you change stuff online for a green one do you know? Mine is 8 now and haven't bothered to officially name him yet as can't be bothered to post of off!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
On the first page, it says Irish Horse/Pony Register Document of Identification. Page 8 gives ownership details with a typed sticker with my details and a horseshoe red over stamp with the letters IHR.

Phone up the Irish Horse Register maybe? The page after page 20 has the details of the horse, registered name and his number, says Irish Horse Board ID Document at the top, looks like an addition to the document as its smaller than the surrounding pages, middle it has his markings. If it looks like yours, phone the Irish Horse Board!

Deseado

Visit site
Horse Sport Ireland is now the umbrella body which includes the Irish Horse Board. Get in touch with the Irish Horse Board, they are the ones administering the passports.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
You can change ownership details online. It was 65€ to change the horse's registered name last I looked so I haven't bothered, just gave him a stable name. There is a fee to change anything and obviously you need to send the passport/ID document away to have it changed to your details. Mine was back within three days.

It's an Eire, Southern Ireland address.