Changes and moving

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Wow the last few weeks have been full of changes for us.

We moved yards at short notice from our small yard close to home to a much larger yard a short drive further but with more facilities and with my friends on it :)

I took him to a show and just didn’t take him back, I know a lot of you are YMs etc on here so I won’t go into it fully but I got sick of just minding my business trying to enjoy my horse and having someone trying to micro manage a DIY yard. I like to just pay my livery follow the rules and get left to it. Also got sick of the rules for some nonsense that went hand in hand with special treatment. So one cheeky text from YO then a pointless phone call from me to find out what the heck’s going on and I just had enough and left. Horses are supposed to be fun after all. Paid the YO, cleared out my stable and stuff and tidied up and just left within an hour or so of dropping the wee man off.

Anyway new yard is fab, we have an indoor and outdoor school, nice big stables and good grazing, a lovely YO and the wee guy is settling In well, he’s in a lovely field with my friends horse and they are great together, we have been out showing and bringing home lovely frillies and lovely compliments on his behaviour and him in general :D

Our blog is coming together as well, I’m updating it more and just enjoying watching his progress through it myself :)

I’d post pics but they don’t seem to want to upload these days so feel free to go through our blog posts :) if anyone knows how you can get pics to upload without being too big let me know :)

https://www.facebook.com/faransjourney/

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Hope you both enjoy your new yard. I agree that horses are supposed to be fun. I've never left without giving notice, but I have seen a few people who had a very tough time prior to moving yards and it's not nice.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site

Well the exact words used were ‘if you don’t like it then leave’, this was usually said when I’d came out on top of any discussion or didn’t agree with the micro management. This was shouted down the phone at me so I did. I loved the yard and the YO he was a lovely guy but the YM was just very hard to deal with.