Changing a passport into your name??

Tinsel Town

Visit site
As the title really, my new horse is from Ireland so has an Irish passport, where and how do I go about changing it to my name?

Not sure where I'm supposed to be sending it! Bit nervous about sending it away, might take a copy??....

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I'm interested in the answers to this as I'm in the same situation! There doesn't seem to be much info in my horse's passport. It's a white passport and just seems to have the breeder's stickers all over it!

Capriole

Visit site
Taking a copy is never a bad idea.

Is there no address anywhere in the passport :confused: Who is the passport with?

Ive actually found the Irish to be super efficient whenever weve had to get details changed/overstamps etc.

Tinsel Town

Visit site
Taking a copy is never a bad idea.

Is there no address anywhere in the passport :confused: Who is the passport with?

Ive actually found the Irish to be super efficient whenever weve had to get details changed/overstamps etc.

I'm not sure I will have a look, there is a lot in it thats for sure!! Should there be an address to send it back to then?

ghostie

Visit site
I expect if you google the name of the issuing authority and 'change of ownership' you'll probably get a helpful website telling you how to do it - that's how I did mine :)

diluteherd

Visit site
Hate this change of ownership thing and the fact you have to pay!!
Will keep dipping into this thread as got a couple of horses I need to change ownership for and its just a massive pain in the backside!!

Suziq77

Visit site
I've just tried to register both my horses to me on NED - one of them no problem, the other one apparently I am not registered as the owner, despite having sent the passport off last October and received it back with the issuing body's stamp over my name as new owner!

Grrrrrrrr, more phone calls required :mad:

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Ive never changed any passports to my name :/ Never had an issue jumping at finals ect.

Sold horses on no problem

I am probably a bad person!

This is the reason why I now am having to spend THREE times the amount that I should have to spend on changing ownership. To register a horse BD the passport must be in your name and my horse's passport had not been updated by his previous owner so I now have to send it off and pay extra for the whole priviledge. It should have cost just £14 online and I would have got a nice sticky label to put in the passport, job done. But sadly no, am very annoyed that I am now having to pay for someone elses laziness.

Tinsel Town

Visit site
thanks everyone, its just a very confusing, time consuming thing to do! the only thing I've put off doing since I bought him! :(

His last owner didnt change it into her name, does that mean I might have to pay for that as well??

nikicb

www.facebook.com
thanks everyone, its just a very confusing, time consuming thing to do! the only thing I've put off doing since I bought him! :(

His last owner didnt change it into her name, does that mean I might have to pay for that as well??

Why don't you give them a call - they're very friendly and helpful. From the UK you need to dial: 00 353 45 850800 :)

student1

Visit site
My Horse had a green passport and I changed ownership using the Northern Ireland Horse Board. I emailed them first and they were really helpful in explaining the process. I also explained that I had a competition on a certain date I needed the passport for and they made sure it was back by then. The whole thing was a lot less painful than I anticipated! I think you can also use the Irish Horse board, they get the same stamp I only choose to use NIHB because a friend had used them.

Hope that helps.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I'm just going through the same. You need to print off this form - http://www.horsesportireland.ie/_fileupload/Louise/2012/TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP 26 04 2012(1).pdf and send it with the passport and cheque for £15. I phoned them and this is what I was told to do even though it says Eur 15 on the website.

Hope that helps. :)

£15?? Was only £5 when I did it 2 years ago!

Email them, they are extremely helpful. BTW, I had my passport back, fully updated within 3 days, far quicker than anyone over here.

Just always, when you have to send a passport off, always take copies of the pages relevant to that horse (ID sketch, owner page, breeding details plus all jabs done; that way, if worst happens you have copies to back up applying for a duplicate and you don't lose the record of jabs otherwise you'd have to start again) Also send it recorded delivery - and keep the receipt!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I have sent 2 (separately) to Horse Sport Ireland with the €5 (not €15 - must have recently gone up :eek: ) but I sent them recorded post - got them both back within a week :)

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Oh I have never had an issue registering with any affiliated association's and anyone who has bought one off me has reported back with a problem. I will look into sorting my current horses but not had an issue in the 6 years ive been producing and selling on

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Oh I have never had an issue registering with any affiliated association's and anyone who has bought one off me has reported back with a problem. I will look into sorting my current horses but not had an issue in the 6 years ive been producing and selling on

Well BD state that horse has to be in my name, it got more complicated since I have to change his name since they have another Nickel registered so no way out.