changing feed?

emmilou

Visit site
Hi,
i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. i am thinking of changing my boys feed as neather are doing particularly well on what they're on at the mo:
1. calm and condition
2. soaked oats
3. speedy beet
4 dengie alfa a and hi-fi light

the both lack energy and just dont seem to be looking as good as they have done in the past.
what would you guys suggest?
thanks

emmilou

Visit site
they have good grazing and are stabled roughly 3 nights a week at the moment. when they're in they get 3-4 section of hay.
one is a 16hh TB and the other is a 14.3hh TBx Arab.
it is a case of their condition and energy levels i suppose. they are schooled and hacked and compete now and then.
x

Visit site
I would suggest Bluechip to help put their condition back on. Feed oil as this promotes a shiny coat. Also feed a course mix with a vitamin and mineral supplement so they get all the correct vitamins and minerals needed. x

UKa

community.webshots.com
when did the change occur and have they been ok before on the feeds you mention? If they were ok so far have them checked by vet to start with would be my reaction. Otherwise ensure they have ad lib hay on nights in (if they are anything like mine they will drop weight very quickly in a matter of days if not enough fibre intake) -

K9Wendy

Visit site
Mine was feed a similar diet and I had to back onto conditioning mix to maintain weight and look better. Grazing I don't think has been as good this year with so much heat and not as much rain. Still getting haylage at night..

Edited to say... I am tempted to feed straights with mineral & vit or top spec so that I can alter energy levels better.