Charges for additional services for those on DIY livery

eggs

Visit site
What are the going rates for additional services if you are on DIY livery? Specifically:

- catch in / turn out
- rug change
- make feed up and give to horse
- give already made up feed to horse
- make haynet up and give to horse
- give already made up haynet to horse
- skip out

I've been asked to help out a DIY livery but don't want to overcharge

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I used to pay £1/each for most of those and about £5 for a muck out at last yard
full care for holidays etc was £10 per horse per day on top of my normal DIY bill. (turn out, bring in, skip out, rugs changed, hay/water/feed as necessary).

mavandkaz

Visit site
I get charged £2.50 for a bring in/turnout, which includes picking out feet and rug change if needed. They give my boy his ready made breakfast for no extra cost, would probably do the same for a pre made haynet. It's £15 for full day care. (I'm in the south)

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I think it also depends on how well set up the yard is and how far away the fields are. If this is a regular thing then I’d consider charging one rate for regular turn/out bring in say 5 days a week and a higher rate for ad-hoc requests. This helps stop lazy liveries ringing up at the last minute to turn-out because they couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed.

I pay another livery £12 a day for full days services and then odds and sods range from about £1 - £3 depending on the task.

MissTyc

Visit site
We charge £2.50 for bring in/out, feed made up and given, rug checked/changed. We do offer one-off muck out for £5 but would rather not!

chocolategirl

Visit site
What are the going rates for additional services if you are on DIY livery? Specifically:

- catch in / turn out
- rug change
- make feed up and give to horse
- give already made up feed to horse
- make haynet up and give to horse
- give already made up haynet to horse
- skip out

I've been asked to help out a DIY livery but don't want to overcharge
If you’re charging, make sure you have adequate insurance in place if you’re handling clients horses, which you will need to factor into the price you charge 👍

ponies4ever

Visit site
ours is £2 for either turn out or bring in. this might include putting on/off and chucking a bucket in. £5 pounds for muck out

peanut

Visit site
£4.00 for a bring in or turn out even if the field is just across the yard!

ETA: £1 for dropping a bucket of feed over the door even if it lands upside down

Cowpony

Visit site
Our fields are quite a walk up the road (10 minutes of fairly brisk walking each way) so it's about £5.50 for catch in and 4.50 for turn out. That reflects the fact that the fields are big and the horse you are catching might be a 5-minute walk through the field, whereas when they are turned out they are let go at the gate. Muck out is about £6.50, put to bed £4.50 - that includes re-setting water and haynets in each case, and skipping out when put to bed. We don't get charged for throwing a bucket of feed over the door.

cowgirl16

Visit site
I'm in a private yard, so the cost may or may not be different - I pay £1.50 for turn out or bring in (paddock very close) - this includes rug change and given ready made up feed, feet are never done, and hay/water is already in stable. I'd never ask for a muck out as I'd get turned down flat! though I did get a complete days care once for £10 - an exception was made as we went to MIL's funeral many miles away.