Charles Owen 4 Star Hat

taraj

Visit site
Has any one got one of these hats? How do they find it? Does the padding "flatten" slightly with wear? I've tried one on in the shop today and it feels soo comfy but I am in between sizes. The lady in the shop recommends the smaller size as the larger one goes on and off too easily but having had a bad experience with a too tight hat i am a bit worried......

I had a HS1 "fitted" last year by a different retailer. It felt very tight at the fitting but the lady assured me the padding would flatten slightly, it didn't and I have been struggling with headaches/red dented forehead ever since. I think its more the "shape" that didn't suit.

Or any other suggestions for hats, must be up to currant standards with no fixed peak.

Rlister89

Visit site
I've found with my 4 Star the padding did give quite a bit quite quickly, mine was a bit tight to start with, not uncomfortable but i ended up putting a bit of extra padding in it as advised by the shop as they said they have quite a few people who find it beds down quite quickly. Hope that helps!

CBFan

Visit site
The padding does flatten... I am the same as you and have problems finding hats to fit. I find if they cause you any discomfort when new, they are likely to continue to do so... I would be tempted to get the bigger size and ask them to put extra padding in it.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I bought a 4 Star and regretted it. Shop assistant had to put too much padding in as I was between sizes. It never fitted and kept falling over my eyes. Replaced it with a Champion Pro Plus which fits me well.
I think if it doesn't feel right at first it probably never will.

wiglet

Visit site
If you're in between sizes then I personally would try a different make of hat and hopefully find one that suits and fits your head perfectly. I do have the charles Owen 4 star - fits my head nicely but HS1 hats don't really fit me.