Chase me Charlie Debate (with poll)

Chase me Charlie fence

• Total voters

Nats_uk

Visit site
After some interesting POVs at a local show recently - what do you guys think should be the style of fence in a Chase me Charlie? I always go with an upright/planks but certain groups were saying it should be a triple bar?

Thoughts and votes please :)

Smile_and_Wave

Visit site
ususually its just a striahgt bar but one place i have jumped at actually had a proper wall which is quite scary to ride up to,

in the pusisance you normally have a tripple bar and the big wall but chase me charlie at pony club and stuff we just had a stirght bar

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
for a single fence proper chase me charlie at an unaffiliated show I would go for an upright mainly because to have a true triple bar will require a decent amount of width which a lot of riders will prob not be used to riding and therefore more likely to catch the back bar especially if they take a long one. I would say the upright will be safer although less inviting for the horse.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Always been an upright when iv done it, i though the whole point of chase me charlie is that it is just meant to be an up and over so its more likely to be knocked as it gets higher, the triple bar makes horses think a bit more imo and actually jump it much better.

OneInAMillion

Visit site
Our local centre does a CMC where you do a parallel and then a few strides to an upright. They also do puissance with a wall. I did it unofficially and it gets very imposing at 1m35 let alone 2m25 like the pros!

charlimouse

Visit site
Well the one place local to me that does one (albeit once a year!) uses a triple bar. I prefer this as I would rather run my horse into the bottom of a 1.40 triple bar than 1.40 upright!!!!!! I find triple bars much easier to jump, and more difficult to get wrong if I have a numpty moment!