Chatsworth- staying over, including horse! Recommedations please

dollymix

Visit site
So my RI is competing in the 1* at Chatsworth (dressage Friday and SJ/XC Saturday) and we are trying to find somewhere to stop overnight as overnight stabling at the event is so expensive.

We need camping or cheap B&B for 3 of us (all women happy to share a room!) and stabling for the neddy overnight on Friday.....if anyone lives near Chatsworth and can recommend anywhere please get in touch!

Many thanks :)

Annette4

Visit site
I would say I have a spare room for the people but I'm in it at the moment. Otheriwse there's in Ibis (£32 per night I think) in Chesterfield.

I'll message you re: yards when I'm at home tonight.

Mrs Pink

Visit site
If you contact the show office, they will give you a list of off site stabling which is a lot cheaper than on site, some of which you can pitch a tent at, this is what my sister did the last time she went.
Another tip would be to take bikes too, it helps getting around, good luck and have a fab time :)

Tronk

Visit site
We stayed in a lovely B&B recently in Matlock - about 10mins from Chatsworth - http://www.glendonbandb.co.uk/
It was £110 for me, OH & our 2 kids to stay in the family room which had a double bed and bunk beds in a seperate area. So between the 3 of you that would be quite cheap (although not as cheap as camping!). The breakfast was amazing! They may be worth a call.
Sorry can't help on the stabling front though!

almostthere

Visit site
If you go on to bdwp they have a list of local stabling too? we are staying at a premier inn nearby -think it's about £60 per room? See you there!

pipsqueek

Visit site
PM me, an eventing friend just up the road in Curbar has stabling she put a post of fb the other day, might be worth a try!

almostthere

Visit site
We don't know yet on the *, although the website seems to indicate that the Novice will be most heavily affected? But I agree it is taking longer than usual - we have had to proceed as if we are in with booking stabling and hotels. It's difficult as once again the weather affected start to the season has increased the workload on the entry secretaries (Mattingley has just cancelled) and so I hesitate to criticise....

mil1212

Visit site
Ballot list is up, sadly and as expected I didn't make it! Have rerouted less excitingly to Llanymynech. Hope you're in becca1305. Seems only novice and ON balloted.