Chatty Rottweilers?

cbmcts

Visit site
How many of you know talky rotts?

2 of mine have always been talkers :D wow wow wowing at everything and everybody but I have meet quite a few who don't.

Is that because their owners discourage it - so many people think the dogs are growling - or is it only certain lines that are prone to chatting?

My boy always amuses me, we can have loooooong conversations :eek::D

Scranny_Ann

Visit site
Yep - all 3 of ours talk!! Rocky, Mozz & Diesel!!

Mozz particularly. He is full of tricks, he will sit, lie, head down, stay, paw, other paw, say please and thank you!!!!!!

Rocky is more 'talkative' when you've playing silly games with him!!!!

Love them and their HUGE characters!!

echodomino

Visit site
I don't have Rotties (though would love one) but the Vizzies talk, they'll bring you something, piece of soggy chewed card for e.g., and stand next to you, tail wagging and bum wiggling making the most abdsurd noises lol

TheFox

Visit site
Amber is the most chatty dog I know, loves to people watch out the window, play growls, chases dogs on the tv :D

I love rotties there really mans best friend.

Rottie lover

Visit site
Yay rottie owners!!!!mine do "talk" if u want to call it that,genarally when there are in a playful mood,more of a a whaaar whaaaar whaaaar.

Notice it more when thay are playing with each other,am thinking about tethering mine to a sulky(little cart)As they have bags of energy,they are walked for 3/4 hours a day,but still have loads of energy the bitch is getting on a bit now (8yrs old)but i also have a dog an a little bitch,an she is a little bitch!!!
They get loads of walks an stimulation but allways seems to need more,rotties are so hugly intelligent,thats what people forget,that they allways need stimulation.
They are such jokers though they do something silly for you an just look at you as if to say"did u like that ?did it brighten up your day?"Would love to find a friendly farmer to see if they still had there inherient cattle herding insticts,but was chatting to a country girl an she said it would be unwise as cattle can kill a dog,any views on this???

cbmcts

Visit site
They are such jokers though they do something silly for you an just look at you as if to say"did u like that ?did it brighten up your day?"Would love to find a friendly farmer to see if they still had there inherient cattle herding insticts,but was chatting to a country girl an she said it would be unwise as cattle can kill a dog,any views on this???

Yes, most of the rotts I know are natural clowns - part of the attention seeking gene, I suppose:D:eek:

Mine tried the cattle herding trick one day when I was getting the pet cow in at the yard - she wasn't impressed and had a proper go at him. Now, she's very tame and used to dogs so wasn't scared, just determined that this puppy would learn proper respect;) Sadly, I can't see any farmer allowing you to practice on his livestock.

I do think though, that they are a breed that thrives with a job. My old girl used to collect the eggs every day. She'd bring them to you one by one unbroken but sometimes she was a bit keen and was caught turfing hens out of their nest boxes as soon as they started the celebratory cackle after laying :p

The dog I have now has dodgy legs so his agility career was cut short but I keep him occupied by getting him to find named objects and people and a bit of tracking but whiles he's very good at finding eggs (it's a race every day to get there before him) he will eat them them himself rather than fetch them.

He's also a TV hound, watches with great attention and suffers delusions that he's the same size as my JRTs and that he fits on laps, in cat beds and can get through the same gaps that they fit through.....always amusing when you find him wedged where he shouldn't be :D