Cheap rubber mats from ebay

pennyturner

Visit site
Have just ordered some recycled cheapo mats to floor my emergency stable. They aren't really horse mats at all, but come from under sports pitches. They're porous and only 1/2" thick. At £60 they won't break the bank, and I'm hopeful they will do for occasional use by unshod ponies - especially as it's over a scalpings base, so wee should get away underneath quite freely, but a bit worried they won't be heavy enough to stay put, or might get cut up by the stone underneath.

Has anyone else used them. How bad are they?

Shadowdancing

Visit site
Used them for a winter and managed fine... moved a little bit. Horse quickly got used to them. Were light enough to lift to let the floor dry and put back down every day. Had spares so swooped if very wet. Only don't use now as moved yards and new stable has rubber matting floors already installed.

lucky7

Visit site
I have these for my stables and shelter. When I first got them I was skeptical as they where lifting. However now they have settled and been using bedding they are fab! Really pleased with them thwy are really soft too and light enough to move about.