Cheapest footwear for ponies?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I have a pony who has been a laminitic on and off for a while.
Vet visited recently and we re-did cushings test which was under control ( he is diagnosed and having treatment)
He’s just still a little sore on hard stony ground.
There are no pulses and no heat.
We have to go through a stony gateway to get out to the field and I wondered if constant bruising isn’t helping.
So I want to get some very basic cheap boot type things literally from the yard to the field, he’s 28 and non ridden. Once he gets to his field he tears off perfectly happy and sound.
Looking at even second hand cavallo type things they are still bit of an expensive option to wear for 2 minutes a day.
Any suggestions?

Melody Grey

Visit site
Have you tried the Facebook groups- I’d go with anything that vaguely fit and was in a potentially ‘dustbin bound’ condition for Just to and from the field. Might be worth a wanted ad? I have seen people give them away for postage costs when they’re on their last legs.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
No I haven’t tried advertising like that actually, a good shout. They can literally be on their last legs!

Pink Cavallo’s would be his dream come true I’m sure ?

I’m sure when I was after boots for a bigger horse there was tons on pony sized cheapies out there, typically I’m not seeing them now!

Reacher

Visit site
Yes i’d ask around on FB for some cavallos whose treads are worn out. I have a pair of cavalier treks with worn out treads but they fit a 15hh horse so probably too big for you

poiuytrewq

Visit site
It’s a bit further than a gateway really. Currently a little walk to the field which involves a scalping type driveway into the farm then a teeny bit of road before into the stony gateway (x2) before the field!
So the good suggestions of carpet/mats sand etc are not do-able.
The cable tie things i do have for bigger horses but agree I found them pretty hard to get on and off. Great for a poultice but not sure I’d want to be doing it a few times a day.
How do you undo cable ties? Didn’t know that was possible!
So far, I’m liking the look of the Shires rubber boots, cheap, simple and instantly available.