Cheapo Neoprene Wellies - with a bit of lateral thinking!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
:)So we all hope that warmer dryer weather is on the way BUT if you're still getting chilly tooties when you go out to do the horses on the chilly mornings here's an idea. Hunter wellies have got a bit crap but the neoprene ones, so I'm told, are still good quality. They went a bit mad and produced the Clarendon - a neoprene welly with mongolian lamb cuff. They are totally impractical (although I love my short ones as they are real head turners:D) and so they haven't sold well. A company called mandm direct is doing them for around £30 and code FD12 gets you free delivery.

So if you bought a pair of these barking mad but decent quality boots and ripped the fluff off you'd have a cheap pair of neo boots and a couple of surplus bits of mongolian lamb:D

Available in black and dark brown as well - and this is for your information and amazement only, I'm not connected with the company

image.jpg

Elsiecat

Visit site
..but what would I do with the erm.. Stuff? Seems daft to chuck it away but even dafter to walk around with the stuff on my calves

*hic*

Visit site
Use your imagination ladies:D

A quick list I thought of

noseband covers
merkins
trimmings for coat or cardi cuffs
false armpit hair for Halloween
cat toys

*hic*

Visit site
Just consider the possibilities of a fur-trimmed bikini . . . no-one would ever comment on the odd stray hair again!

*hic*

Visit site
Why did I just google merkin :( :D

LOL! Now DON'T google this to check but I was researching whether I'd be able to get parts for a MAN horse lorry and innocently typed "MAN parts" into Google. Possibly not the best thing I've ever done:eek:

Funkyfilly024

Visit site

Elsiecat

Visit site
I'm going to have to google man parts too now.. I hope my mum doesn't click on our Internet history or she may be sitting me down for a belated 'talk'

mandwhy

Visit site
The word merkin is really making me laugh every time I read it, my OH is looking at me funny. He obviously wants a man-merkin.

Merkin merkin merkin teeheehee.

Love

Visit site
Not as bad as what I did! There was a group of bird watchers suddenly appear overnight around a tree near where I live. We asked them what they were looking at and they told us it was a Russian lapwing that rarely comes to the uk (or something along those lines). I caught a quick glance of one and noticed it had a tufty head. By this point I wasn't sure of the type of bird and was curious.... So googled "Russian bird with crest". You can imagine what came up!

dafthoss

Visit site
How easy is it to get the fur off? As in do they look like normal wellies when it's come off?

Desperately want some warm waterproof boots after my lovely leather ones died but don't want left over hairy bits at the top :eek:

*hic*

Visit site
Shave? Epilate? Veet?

Seriously, I just went to check my shortie ones. On them it looks as though a standard welly has had the top four or five inches cut off and a single line of stitching 8mm from the top has been used to sew on a piece of sheepskin which then folds out over the top to the outside. I have actually ordered a pair of the long ones so if you want to wait a couple of days I can tell you exactly how the fur there is held on. My guess would be that they have just stitched it on to a standard pair of wellies - but there is the risk that instead of the moulded trim round the top it might just be plain.

Can't wait for my fur trimmed bikini:D I have offered to make my husband a matching speedos:D

dafthoss

Visit site
:D I think shave is possibly easier, veet would be messy and I think it would be to much for an epilator.

If you could let me know that would be great thanks :)

horsesforcourses

Visit site
I have ordered a pair....thanks. I will cut the hair off, and if needed will put the cuff from a welly sock over the top.
Thank you for the heads up. Neoprene wellies for £30, just what i like!