Cheating

siennamum

Visit site
On my way back from the yard today I stopped off at a local show for a nosey. Saw an acquaintance whose daughter was in the ring. She was on her horse who has qualified a number of times for PUK & been as well as clearing the board at local shows for the last 5 years or so (terrible pothunters)

She was in the Novice riding horse, but wasn't going to win it as there was a lovely grey horse in 1st, which beat us into 2nd place a couple of weeks ago. In fact there were a couple in the ring below them who were not novices as I know the horses....

Honestly why do people bother. Thanks god we didn't go, had we been competing I might have felt obliged to say something, that would have been awkward.

horseywelsh

Visit site
Ohhhhhh that's a BIG bug bearer of mine! I CAN NOT understand either why people bother, surely they want to better themselves! Unfortunatley it happens at alot of local shows.

Cliqmo

Visit site
Its rubbish isn't it?? I don't honestly believe they can get a sense of achievement out of winning at that sort of level when they have been achieving much higher anyway and I find it so infuriating
frown.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
I don't mind people entering open classes, but when it is a Novice calss and they aren't it's not on. I guess this is the usual suspect?

siennamum

Visit site
It is. She did a walk & trot test on her aff elementary horse at a RC event a while ago... it's just wrong. Still Karma will catch up at some point I'm sure.

black_horse

Visit site
im about to do a walk and trot test on my coming up to affliliated elementary horse...but i have an injury and this is my first ever show on the horse (the horse has been competed by trainers etc). i have phoned the organisers etc explaining my situation etc and they are more than happy for me to compete etc but i am stil unsure whether to go HC or not.

i hate pot hunters, i think thye forget they started out somewhere and i am sure they would have met other pot hunters and been disheartened by them.

marmalade76

Visit site
It happens a lot. My dad came 5th in a novice horse SJ class a few years ago. The winner of the class was quite obviously an old and experienced horse and had won plenty in our area. A few people got together and objected and the prize was taken back and my dad moved up. I think the "winner" thought that as the show was a bit out of her area that no one would know them. I think that people complain amongst themselves but rarely object officially. This is a shame because cheaters will just carry on getting away with it.

libbyandblue

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
im about to do a walk and trot test on my coming up to affliliated elementary horse...but i have an injury and this is my first ever show on the horse (the horse has been competed by trainers etc). i have phoned the organisers etc explaining my situation etc and they are more than happy for me to compete etc but i am stil unsure whether to go HC or not.

i hate pot hunters, i think thye forget they started out somewhere and i am sure they would have met other pot hunters and been disheartened by them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see you phoned the organisers! But I would still go HC, because you're getting the experience but not annoying other riders, and it sounds like its just the experience you want
laugh.gif

black_horse

Visit site
QR - oh its unaffliated btw
laugh.gif
i am not in it to win it, i dont care about a rossett. i want a judges opinion on my riding at the moment and how the horse is going for me. I know it isnt fair taking in aff elementary horse into unaff. W+T. but thats the standard i am at at the moment. the rules state no combination to have won at that level, and i have no doubt there will be some glory hunters there, but if i stay on that will be a bonus tbh
laugh.gif

PucciNPoni

Visit site
That kind of winds me up as well. In fact, it's to my own detriment. I have a horse that loves to jump, but it's so not my thing. I take her out to whatever classes that I can stomach and not get jumped out of the saddle. However, recently I went to a show in which I felt a bit out of my depth - we were unable to compete Nursery Nov becasue she'd been placed this year -- so had to do Nov. Same thing with dressage, canter is diabolical and yet I'm restricted from WT classes in some shows. I think perhaps I should spend the rest of this year just doing everything HC.