Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Ambers Echo

Haha! Yes that;s the one.

Teddypops - no offence intended - I did not know the specific circumstances of you and your TB. Just making a general point about some people always haggling no matter how cheap the price! Glad I am not the only one who pays full price for stuff though. I do agree that the haggling is not necessarily related to ability to pay/look after the horse.

LaurenBay

Because it's Essex? Maybe the owner asked a mate for a Hallowe'en unicorn costume for the horse, and the mate thought "this is an chance to have a giraffe..."
Speaking as an Essex girl I can assure you I have never made my mare wear a giant blow up d**k (that is not a sentence I ever thought i'd be writing!)

abbijay

"Looking for someone to part loan my horse, serious enquiries only, must have experience with heavy horses. He will be backed to ride during spring/summer."
Do people want to take on chores for unbacked horses and then (I presume) become crash test dummy/school it on? I assumed you would have to pay someone for that! Apparently, 1 month on this person hasn't been found yet.

henmother

I thought I had seen it all.

Someone is advertising sheath cleaning services for £20. Happy to travel up to 40miles, more if over 10 horses to do.
Oops , I pay for my boys sheath to be cleaned . She works in one of the local horsey vets as a nurse and has a few horses of her own . He's not naughty but on the off chance, safer for me to pay someone to do the job . She's known locally as the willy washer , something my non horsey friends find hilarious .

Annagain

Because it's Essex? Maybe the owner asked a mate for a Hallowe'en unicorn costume for the horse, and the mate thought "this is an chance to have a giraffe..."
Talking of unicorns.... I made my niece a uncorn cake for her birthday this year. It was only after I stood back and looked at the final product I realised there'a a reason why people don't make horns out of pink icing.
:eek3:

Remedial action was taken, although I'm not sure it's much better :redface3:

Rumtytum

Talking of unicorns.... I made my niece a uncorn cake for her birthday this year. It was only after I stood back and looked at the final product I realised there'a a reason why people don't make horns out of pink icing.

Annagain you've made me laugh out loud:D. Love them both, and love how you changed their eyes to match, each of them looks like it's on a different hallucinogenic drug, absolutely brilliant! I bet your niece was delighted (she won't have a warped mind like me).

Vodkagirly

Oops , I pay for my boys sheath to be cleaned . She works in one of the local horsey vets as a nurse and has a few horses of her own . He's not naughty but on the off chance, safer for me to pay someone to do the job . She's known locally as the willy washer , something my non horsey friends find hilarious .
I use one called sheath relief :) I've only ever managed to flick a few flakes off the outside the amount that came out last time was money well spent.

Fjord

Just seen this, most of the comments were along the lines of 'you don't want much, do you?'

After a shed no smaller than 8 by 6 bigger is better.. cheap as poss not fussed if old as long as can still be secured etc no holes as will be kept at my horse feild.. delivery required as well as i dont drive a car if cheap i Can pay for collection though.. delivery near wansford .. cant pay for shed till end of month when get paid so need to hold till then also if delivered and can build for me would be great help.. needs to be dismanttled ready collection if cant deliver.
Thanks in advance

Denbob

I'm fairly new to this but just spotted one along the lines of;

"Incredibly strong 16.3 youngster for full loan as Summer project, i'm too small for him and really struggling! Very experienced home only as he is absolutely not a novice ride and will test you! He's 5 so you need a very firm hand!"

Does that not just sound like someone who is looking for her horse to be schooled for a Summer so she can have it back with some manners? Or maybe I'm being cynical

Denbob

"Incredibly strong 16.3 youngster for full loan as Summer project, i'm too small for him and really struggling! Very experienced home only as he is absolutely not a novice ride and will test you! He's 5 so you need a very firm hand!"

Does that not just sound like someone who is looking for her horse to be schooled for a Summer so she can have it back with some manners? Or maybe I'm being cynical

wingedhorse

If I was a competent horseless teenager with access to summer grass livery, it could be a win-win situation.

dominobrown

Depends what they mean by "testing you". If its downright dangerous I wouldn't have the nerve to ask a teenqger (or anyone else who is not a paid professional) to a potentially life threatening risk.

holeymoley

'Looking for a 13hh-14hh full loan horse with a lot of experience so novices can ride and can move yards and is a decent age thanks'

Hmm basically just something that's been there and done it but not too old but able to be run into the ground and handed back once it's broken... no, just me?

PapaverFollis

Saw a very smart looking hunter being advertised for £10,000... possibly a bit steep but it wouldn't be far off that. Looked like it knew it's job well from the pictures. For sale as owner giving up hunting or something similar.

Someone had commented along the lines of "since you are giving up you and are not needing him, I'll give you £1000 and he'll have a hunting home" :lol: Erm... chancer much?

Pinkvboots

Ha ha the second one looks less suggestive at least