Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Abi90

Seen someone trying to crowd fund a second pony as she’s had to retire her current pony due to health issues, instead of saving up like the rest of us have to she wants her friends and family to give her the money to buy this pony because she wants it now!!

Abi90

One has just appeared asking for people to give the girl £2k to buy a pony with! She has had to retire her dangerous pony after it plonked her in hospital again and has another on loan that she wants to buy but can't afford to.

So that's where Joe Public comes in! A just giving page to buy her her pony!

Eh naw!
That’s the one I’ve seen, do I know you EKW?

ihatework

Seen someone trying to crowd fund a second pony as she’s had to retire her current pony due to health issues, instead of saving up like the rest of us have to she wants her friends and family to give her the money to buy this pony because she wants it now!!
It worked for Jonty :D

9tails

These FB auction sites worry the hell out of me. All manner of horses bunged up on a short auction and off they go. You look at the profile of some (not all) of the people bidding and think noooooooooo.

The latest is a nice looking mare, intermittently lame but no investigation done but would make a good broodmare (for breeding what hereditary lameness?) last bid and I presume winning bid was for only a few hundred £s. So where has that one gone then? I look forward to seeing this horse up for sale again in a week or so for £6,000.

A few weeks ago - an ex-racer. Sold for no money to someone with a Facebook profile that has no photos of horses, no horsey friends, no indication of previous involvement with horses. It would worry me. Where has that horse gone?
On the back of this, There are a couple of dealers on there that regularly start an auction with an end time then extend as "you're still bidding". Hang on, the end time is the end time. You don't see this on eBay so how come it's happening on a horse auction page?

xDundryx

I think I need a translation for this one :D

"Horses & Ponies Wanted
Instent dictions made
Good homes found only
Opportunity to stay in contact
Must be 2 years+
Unbroken or broken
No privet prices
Speedy collection
No full TB's"
Spotted this too! Lovely professional advert for a reputable business.. A lot of people mentioning dyslexia, however I know a lot of dyslexic people who can string an advert together better than this!

The Fuzzy Furry

Resident irriot
Seen that on the Fell pony group.
Mines broken and off games, poss perm, I'm staggered that anyone would ask for money to fund another!
My post was removed, I said that most people used their own money and if she needed crowd funding, then surely she shouldn't have another, as vets bills add up!

Abi90

Mines broken and off games, poss perm, I'm staggered that anyone would ask for money to fund another!
My post was removed, I said that most people used their own money and if she needed crowd funding, then surely she shouldn't have another, as vets bills add up!
I know her and was asked for money. Every time someone posts suggesting that she shouldn’t be doing this she deletes their comments. On the just giving page she suggests that she is trying to “save” the pony. She’s buying it from a friend

conniegirl

Spotted this too! Lovely professional advert for a reputable business.. A lot of people mentioning dyslexia, however I know a lot of dyslexic people who can string an advert together better than this!
Im dyslexic and I certainly can write better than that!
I hate when people use dyslexia as an excuse for either a crap education or sheer laziness, it makes it much more difficult for those of us with the disability to be taken seriously.

Elf On A Shelf

That looks like someone typed it quickly into a phone with predictive text and didn't bother rereading it to make sure it said what it should. That is sheer laziness!

JulesRules

I've just seen a good one...

Wanted Fresian 16.3 or bigger to share/part loan. Wants to spend time with the horse weekends and summer, but could do the odd weekday if arranged in advance.

Firstly the chances of someone having a 16.3 + Fresian lying about the place just waiting for a sharer are minimal. Add in they only want summer and weekends and I can't see them having much joy 😂😂

pansymouse

Im dyslexic and I certainly can write better than that!
I hate when people use dyslexia as an excuse for either a crap education or sheer laziness, it makes it much more difficult for those of us with the disability to be taken seriously.
I agree I worked so hard to overcome my dyslexic disadvantage; I despise the lazy excuse monkeys that can't be bothered to put in the extra effort required and hide behind their condition.

Abi90

It would seem she’s managed to buy it!!

conniegirl

I agree I worked so hard to overcome my dyslexic disadvantage; I despise the lazy excuse monkeys that can't be bothered to put in the extra effort required and hide behind their condition.
I’m more annoyed about those who don’t have dyslexia but claim they do simply because they are either pig ignorant or lazy bums

MrsElle

Just seen this on FB....

"Looking for a horse over 16hh free to a good home.

This will be my first ever horse so needs to be broken, thankyou and any tips for looking after it will be grateful x"

Luckily there are no responses yet.

xDundryx

I’m more annoyed about those who don’t have dyslexia but claim they do simply because they are either pig ignorant or lazy bums
it's a bandwagon everyone seems to jump on :( but dare anyone challenge it. like others have said it makes it blinking difficult for those really affected to be taken seriously.

Pippity

it's a bandwagon everyone seems to jump on :( but dare anyone challenge it. like others have said it makes it blinking difficult for those really affected to be taken seriously.
It's usually claimed by people who think, "I'm terrible at spelling" = dyslexia. My dyslexia has nothing to do with spelling and everything to do with letters jumping around and turning back-to-front and upside-down when I'm trying to pin them to the paper.

xDundryx

Just seen this on FB....

"Looking for a horse over 16hh free to a good home.

This will be my first ever horse so needs to be broken, thankyou and any tips for looking after it will be grateful x"

Luckily there are no responses yet.
Is it possible to do a double facepalm and bang your head off the desk at the same time.... I know everyone has to start somewhere, suggesting a riding school?

HeresHoping

I think this is a case of DYAC, but I did have a good giggle... and not at 'ect'.

"I can offer 24/7 turnout in summer and daytime in the winter with the odd duvet day when weather is bad well we all want grass in the spring!

Ideally a horse no bigger than 16hh due to size of paddocks and stable. And I must ask that he/she has no vices ie cribbing/windsurfing ect."

rachk89

I keep seeing someone on FB posting asking for someone to give them or loan them a horse for free.

Then said they had one and could people give them stuff for free as they couldn't afford it.

And has recently started posting again asking for another horse..

Sleipnir

Just saw this on a local sales site:

"Looking for a pleasure riding horse, suitable for children and beginners. Must be safe with traffic and while hacking. 10-18 years old. Must be close to /location/. Will buy for a reasonable price, no more than 100 euros."

JulesRules

Just seen one
"14.1 Blue and white cob.

Inbox for details. No joy riders or day trippers. This is hard enough as it is. Only message if interested"

Well how the heck am I supposed to know if I'm interested as you haven't even told me it's age or sex, let alone anything at all useful about what it's done or it's suitability for any given activity!