Cheer us up Post!

Dulcie

Visit site
Feeling down and stressed due to exams and other personal problems so.... (dun dun dun)

Tell me your funny horsey stories! (dah-dah) I need a few to keep me going especially while mucking out my pony, who despite being mucked out this morning, has clearly been setting poo bombs off all day without my knowledge! it's on the walls, all over her mats, in her water bucket (I haven't even checked the roof yet - wish me luck)!

Could be anything from a funny fall or incident, to an embarrasing experience, or even a partner/friend who just has no clue - anything really! :)

Abi90

Visit site
Went to view a horse with a full bladder but was too nervous to ask where the facilities were. Thought I would be okay but I came off said horse, split my jodhpurs and the impact caused me to wee a bit!

Mule

Visit site
Funny video of two of mine playing. Luckily the grey isn't as 'expressive' when I'm on him.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGRNilmBDQp89L4BZ71X5bA[/video]

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
Oops I uploaded the wrong video. That was a boring one. I'll upload the good one later

chaps89

Visit site
Washed my old horses tail once in winter (it was one big mud dreadlock) My boyfriend of the time asked if it meant the horses b***ocks would get cold from being washed near there/the tail swinging through his legs. He couldn't get his head around the fact said horse was a gelding and that meant he had no knackers!
eta - good luck with your exams :)

Mule

Visit site
Here's the video. The grey looks like a bandit with his pollen mask:biggrin4: I think he'd make a good barrel horse.[video=youtube_share;k_5E4j6BCrQ]https://youtu.be/k_5E4j6BCrQ[/video]

patseyr

Visit site
First off its perfectly normal to feel stressed about exams and other life stuff (every one stresses, they just might not show it as much ! ) you just have to hang in there and things will improve. Just give it time.

Not necessarily a horse story today but ... .. . To cheer you up, I was out with my other half today walking the dogs (collies x2) and we came to the stream / ditch which we would normally not cross but the two dogs managed to jump the other side of it (without going in). It has been so dry lately the water level was quite low in the said ditch and me and my other half were wearing wely boots and it is a short cut home. I was volunteered to cross first.

No Problem. I slowly lowered myself down the steep bank starting to wonder why I didn't try to take the dog route and jump over the ditch straight but I couldn't stop now Anyway the water was only about 3-4 inches deep. I hit the water and it was only about 4 inches deep but my boots didn't stop there. There was a layer of mud below the water and I started slowly sinking in. Nothing I could do as I hoped to reach the bottom before the mud reached the top of my boots :( . During this time my other half was in hysterics laughing. I managed to stop myself from sinking just below the top of my boots. But I just stood there not able to move in case the mud went over the top..... .. .

So I waited a minute and realized that I was going to get wet feet one way or another so I had to make it across and as I tried to lift one foot out the other one went below the surface. I ended up with two boots full of stinky mud !!! :(

I got out the other side but my girlfriend refused to cross and took the long way home. What makes it worse if I actually need my boots for a collage trip in on Wednesday. Any ideas on how to clean them out greatly appreciated :)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
After putting the boys in the field for the night, a local resident called the yard owner at around dusk, to report that they could see a small white car had crashed through the fencing of the field and got stuck. Yard owner ran to the car to drive as quickly as possible to the field with spare headcollers etc. The field is bordered on one side by a small, single track road, the rest isn't near a road so this was the only place a car could have crashed through. Most of the wall is stone with only two small sections; an old gateway, fenced at the top of the hill and the actual metal gate at the bottom. All of the wall and fencing was fine, no sign of any small white cars....

...just my great, big draft horse, fast asleep, snoring away, laid on his side in his brand new, bright white fly rug. *sigh*