Chestnut Circus Clown Goes Canoeing (ODE)

Hemirjtm

Visit site
OK well maybe not...but we did do an ODE in a thunderstorm yesterday!! It was our first outing of the year (after injury) and he was AMAZING!!! :D :D :D

We did 2 dressage tests (it was unaffiliated and they were running dressage on the same day; he's fit enough and I wanted to get back into it without it going wrong for the ODE :eek: )

Dressage 1: BE 92 test (unaffiliated and decided to do BE dressage tests!)
Dressage 2: BE 101 test (for unaff ODE)
90cm (but was on the small side)
90cm XC - some bigger some smaller!

Up at 4.30AM to plait and tidy before the 6.30AM set off time. Why does it take 1hr30 mins to plait a horse?? Because he wont stand still, and you have to re-do the same plait 4 TIMES!!

Anyway we set off on time....at 7.30AM the car started to smell a bit funny, as if something was burning. We stop and the tyre on the trailer had blown...huge split down the side. We get H off the trailer and start to change it (yes me and mum!) and put the spare on which we then discover is completely flat and wont pump up...So quick think, H goes on the 'wrong' side of the trailer and we snail pace it down the road.

BUT what you don't want to do when you have a completely flat tyre is go the wrong way and add an extra half an hour onto your journey, well guess what we did??? Yes we took the wrong turning, and ended up getting there at 8.30AM for a 9AM dressage test....hmmm Not in the plans!

Put him in his stable and noticed that he would be getting a lot of attention from people as they went passed to the toilets!! :p He was very happy as everyone stopped to say hello to him!!

The view from his 'room':
IMG_1348.jpg

Anyway, went to the tent to get my number and sign in, buy some white gloves as I had forgotten mine and was all tacked up and ready to go by 8.45, not bad IMO!!! Then The thunderstorm started. Got warmed up and he was feeling sooooo good. Although a very loud thunder clap over head spooked him and he went bolt upright :( Got into the arena and he was feeling a bit fresh, the thunder and lightning was very close and he just didn't feel relaxed at all.

Anyway had to start the test, as we were going up the centre line a HUGE chunder clap went just above our heads. Very good pony carried on and went straight down the centre line :D Test was going well then numpty mummy forgot where she was going and found herself going wrong and getting minus marks and a 0 :( Got back on track and finished the test nicely :D We got a few 6's, mainly 7's and obviously the mistakes. Which gave us a score of 56.5% (If I hadn't of made the mistake we would have won the class!). H got 7's for his paces, impulsion, and submission and I got 7 for my riding. Judge's comments were "Very well ridden despite the weather", "horse showing good rhythm and paces", "bags of potential", and "good use of school". Her other comments were really helpful, and we will be using them to our advantage :D I was very pleased with how he went overall :D :D

Onto test no.2 (proper ODE one!), 12 pm so we had plenty of time to relax and chill beforehand!

Much Much better!!! The weather had cleared up and he felt so relaxed (for him anyways!). Went into the arena (first in for this test) and did a bit of 'showing off' a bit of shoulder in and medium trot to get him listening and working from behind a bit better! Started test and he felt very through and off the leg and I felt much better about this test! I didn't make a mistake. His canter felt a bit rushed (but he has never had a good canter!), but his walk felt very good and we halted square to finish!!!! We got 6's and Mainly 7's and an 8 for our walk :D :D VERY VERY happy!! Ended on a score of 65% and leading after the dressage!!! Comments were mainly the same and this one surprised me "big canter"!!!

Anyway a few pics! :p CC welcome - my hands are too low and I need to sit up and lengthen my stirrups! But I was very pleased with him, as he's most definately not a dressage pony!! Not in order.

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

My Fav, despite my face!!
IMG_1393.jpg

Quick change for SJ, quite a simple course...1 down so quite pleased as we are in a bit of 'droopy leg mode'. Please excuse numpty riding, not the prettiest of pictures!!

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

XC will follow in a sec!!

FFF

Visit site
Well Done on the dressage :D He looks lovely :) waitng for XC now, I wnat to know how it went !! :D

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Now for the best bit!!

XC was ok, nothing really testing, a couple of new ones that he has never seen before but very jumpable, and not particularly big!

Getting ready to go, we were trying the Flair Nasal Strip for the first time as after talking to someone about them they said it might help to prevent him to re-injure himself, as it has been proved that breathing and stride length are related. He was still very much full of running after the course so It definately helped him!
IMG_1473.jpg

No.1 was a littlish log:

IMG_1427.jpg

No.2
IMG_1430.jpg

No.3 tyres:
IMG_1431.jpg

No. 4 was a splash into water and then out and round (quite tightly - or well that’s how I did it!!) into a ‘sunken road’, I’m pretty sure there should have been a stride but we bounced it! Saffy Dog wanting to go for a swim!!
IMG_1432.jpg

No.5 was a ‘chair’, which he really flew :D :D
IMG_1434.jpg

No.6 was quite upright, which I was a tad worried about but he locked on and flew it!
IMG_1437.jpg

No. 7 was an easy ‘let up’ fence!
IMG_1438.jpg

No.8 doesn’t look very big but it’s about 1m high!
IMG_1439.jpg

No.9, another easy one!
IMG_1441.jpg

No.10 – up a very steep hill to a smallish upright and then a tiny step up!
IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

No.11 – 2 palisades on an easy 4 strides. 1st photo is an older one…but you can see how big it is as I’m 5’4”!!
DSC04647-1.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

No.12 – set of steps – which he bounced up really nicely!
IMG_1450.jpg

2nd Part XC in a sec!

Hemirjtm

Visit site
No.13 was a tiny tiny brush fence! He was very much still full of running and didn’t spook at scary person hiding with a camera!

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

No.14 was a big planter (with no flowers in it!), again he just flew!
IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

No.15 was a log pile, we trotted as it was just a little slippery in the woods! It wasn’t this dark but camera doesn’t like the dark!!
IMG_1457.jpg

No.16 – trackhener/ditch type fence…which is bigger than it looks in the photo!
IMG_1460.jpg

No.17: a nice roll top :D He locked onto it and flew :D – Still very much full of running at fence 17/19!!
IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

And the argument when mum wants to just check him before going downhill slightly! :p
IMG_1505.jpg

No.18 – slightly down hill to a nice little upright fence!
IMG_1466.jpg

No.19 – it was about 1m wide, but quite small!
IMG_1467.jpg

Finished within the time of 7mins25secs (7mins18secs) and won :D :D :D :D

Can’t believe it! First comp back after time off and we go and win it! :D SJ needs a bit of work but dressage coming along nicely and XC is FAB as always!! :D

After a very wet and thundery start it was boiling hot and I got sunburnt whilst waiting for the results!!

Thanks for looking, any CC VERY welcome, need as much as you want to give me!!! I think my stirrups need to go up 2 holes for XC!!

French Wine and Cheese and Chocolate!!!!
x

Fav Pic Of the day!!!!
IMG_1471.jpg

FFF

Visit site
YOU WON!!!!! OMG Im so pleasing for you :D :D :D YAY. Hemir looks so good :D

Well Done both of you :D

kandm

Visit site
Very big welldone for coming first. Really big achievement for your first time out this season. Onwards and Upwards :).

Would definitely put the stirrups up a few holes for jumping :). And one you've been out a few times, he will relax abit more in the dressage so should hopefully be alittle less tense :). Bassically saying, we need MORE COMP REPORTS ;).

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Well hopefully there should be one nearly every week from now on! :D :p

Definatly moving forwards :D Need to go clear SJ and get better dressage scores as he always flies XC!! But I'm very very happy with him, he did me proud! :D And yes..up for jumping, down for dressage :p!!

thank you

Hemirjtm

Visit site
thankyou!

Yes definatly poor judge and writer, but judge was lovely and talked to her afterwards and she said that the writer had said "I would have liked to watch that test, but not ride the horse, he does sound quite a difficult ride!!" The thunderstorm didn't last too long though, I think it lasted about 3/4 tests out of 14!!